More Audio Distortion on Timeline

John Kelly

Hello there,

Have you seen this web page...

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/soundmaxcadenza/

There are some good and bad comments about the system you might want to
take into consideration...and this web page gives info on the failure of the
drivers to properly install...

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34521.html

I'm not sure whether the driver being refered too is the current one or
not...whether it is or not, there is a lesson to be learned...and if you
have not been there, here is the link to the latest drivers...

http://www.soundmax.com/products/information/cadenza.html

It looks as though there is a fair range of codecs/drivers to choose
from. There is also some on-line help and an FAQ section....if you have not
been there, it's certainly worth a look.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm seeing the same issues.

If I capture both a type 1 and a type 2 DV from the same source using Ulead
Video Studio 8, both files show the audio as 16 bit 48 khz in the Ulead
properties dialogue. In MM2.1, the type 2 files's properties show as 16 bit
48 khz, but the type 1 file's properties show as 12 bit 32 khz.

On the other hand, if I capture a type 1 DV from the same source as above
using a program called Scenalyzer, the resulting file's properties show as 16
bit 48 khz in MM2.1 and Ulead.

All of the files in my little test sound the same, with no noticeable
distortion. Is it possible that all of the files are 16 bit 48 khz, and
MM2.1 is just reporting it wrong in the properties dialogue?

JS

Mike Movie

It's possible the audio distortion is being caused by not enough memory
bandwidth on your computer.
You should have a high-end machine for editing DV-AVI files.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?c2Rp?= <[email protected]>
Subject: More Audio Distortion on Timeline
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:49:13 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

Hi, I have been perusing this site and the papajohn site this afternoon
trying to solve the problem which many of us seem to have with audio
distortion once clips are placed on the timeline. I have made a couple of
observations but not yet resolved this. I am not using WinDVD but was
using
Cyberlink Power DVD which I have now uninstalled during the fault-finding.

1. Under 'clip properties' in the 'collections' window I notice that my
AVI-DV files are incorrectly being identified as 32kHz 16bit however, I
have
confirmed that my camcorder is set to output 48kHz 16bit and when I look at
the properties in 'Mainconcept's MPEG encoder' they are correctly
identified
as 48kHz 16bit.

2. When I initially play the clips in Windows Media Player 9 (by
double-clicking the file) it plays fine... if I then re-cue the clip it
plays
back slow - as if it is playing a 48kHz file at 32kHz??

Do you think I have a problem with the DV capture (eg incorrect header
info)
or something to do with the CODECS for play-back. I have tried a different
camcorder on my second system (albeit the same build of XP-pro) and am
getting the same results.

I'd be extremely greatful for any thoughts.

originated.