Monitor - Turning off "Aging Mode"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When I turn off my computer, the monitor displays (in red letters against a white background) "Aging Mode". Now that freaked me out the first time I saw it. Oh, and all the colours are washed out because of this I think...
This is all I've found about it:
This mode is commonly found in Sony monitors and warms up the CRT in
preparation for the technician to perform color temperature adjustments.
By pressing a series of front panel buttons (different for each model), this
mode can be activated.
It also said that Aging Mode can be exited if:
The control button is moved to the right and held for 2 seconds, computer is turned on, or monitor turned off... I tried all of these, but Aging Mode just comes back when the computer is turned off. (However I'm not sure what they meant about the control button).

Anyway I just don't know how to turn this aging mode off... I called the maker's tech support, but the they had no idea what it was... so here I am. :) Help would be muchly appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not heard of this before either. If you unlug the monitor from the mains for a few mins and them plug it back in, it may reset its memory and remove this mode? (worth a shot!).

If you change the colour temperature yourself in the OSD (on screen display) does it stay in that mode?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Would help if we had the make and model of the monitor.

All monitors these days have a control panel ... in that, you should be able to "reset" the monitor.

;)

Reaction score
Philips and "aging..." mode

Philips 15" monitors enters the "Aging..." mode when the power button is held down for more than 3 seconds. Switching off the monitor (even for days) does not rest the monitor.
The mode is exit only when the monitor is connected to a PC.

My $0.02 on the subject.

Reaction score
This works for me!!!

This is the perfect answer. I struggled with the "Aging..." white screen in standby mode with my Philips 170FS8 monitor, till i saw this post.

muckshifter said:
Would help if we had the make and model of the monitor.

All monitors these days have a control panel ... in that, you should be able to "reset" the monitor.

;)

All that i had to do was to go to the Menu->SetUp->Reset->Yes and behold! -- the Aging... problem disappeared. by the way make sure you are connected to the computer when you do this, since the monitor does not enter setup in the standby mode.

Reaction score
Babbles, fear not.."Aging Mode" is merely a process that all CRT monitors go through when they are assembled..Sort of a "burn in" process that the assemblers perform. Can you give me the serial/model number of your monitor and I will let you know the sequence of buttons you need to press to get out of this mode..

Reaction score
Hey listen. I have a synaps model# MT5WBP and it's doing same thing, only mine will flash White, red, Green, Blue, then go Black again. Any help?

Reaction score
starprowler said:
Philips 15" monitors enters the "Aging..." mode when the power button is held down for more than 3 seconds. Switching off the monitor (even for days) does not rest the monitor.
The mode is exit only when the monitor is connected to a PC.

My $0.02 on the subject.

yea this one was the gold really, just unplug your monitor and plug it back in, and voila fixed (at me at least).
I use a Philips 150s3 (luckaly it was my secundairy monitor so i could find a sollution here ^^)

Well hope this helps more people who are stuck.

Greetings,
Aegiz

Reaction score
Babbles, fear not.."Aging Mode" is merely a process that all CRT monitors go through when they are assembled..Sort of a "burn in" process that the assemblers perform. Can you give me the serial/model number of your monitor and I will let you know the sequence of buttons you need to press to get out of this mode..
Philips 19" i90cw please help me get out from this

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Holy thread necro! :eek:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
sorry, can't help further ... :confused:

Reaction score
Replace it with a TFT.
Cheap & easy to use over a CRT Monitor!

Reaction score
Philips 190CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question