Monitor not showing any display but is working apparently...

Reaction score
My PC switches on properly and sounds fine. When I switch on the monitor the following message appears:

''Information
Monitor is working
Input1:
No input signal
Activate my PC
Check input selector
white
red
green
blue''

Do you think it could be the VGA cable that is faulty?? I have no idea what the problem could be.

I have tried switching the input switch from 1 to 2, with no change.

Would appreciate any advice....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep, your Monitor is working fine ... the "problem" is stemming from your PC, you need to turn on the PC as well. :thumb:

Can you give me anymore info on the PC ?

:user:

Reaction score
The PC is switched on with the green light coming on. It powers up fine, and sounds normal.

Do you think the PC's VGA connection on the graphics card is faulty? Maybe the graphics card will need to be changed?

If I am getting that message on the monitor then I take it the VGA cable is fine.

The PC is the same details as listed at the bottom of this message.

muckshifter

Reaction score
No input signal
means the monitor is working, but it ain't receiving anything from the PC.

I would be first checking out the video card, but it could be almost anything, lights on, just mean to me you have some power on the PC.

:user:

Reaction score
Back to phoning PC Service Call for a repair job then.........I swear PC's only have a shelf life of about a year before they start packing up. This is my second PC from PC World and the last one broke down after a year as well :-(

Thanks for the advice.

muckshifter

Reaction score
This is my second PC from PC World and the last one broke down after a year as well :-(
:lol:

Sorry, I've never bought an inferior PC before, and certainly not twice. ;)

Reaction score
mojouk said:
This is my second PC from PC World and the last one broke down after a year as well :-(

Well thats the problem!!! Dont buy from PCWorld, they are crap!

Reaction score
Well. I only bought one from PC World at a time when I knew nothing about PC's. The second one was a free new replacement, and my 5 year warranty was automatically renewed with that, so it seems like I will be with them for a while.

I recently bought a Dell laptop as a backup (thank god), and I would definitely go with a Dell desktop if I ever bought an off the shelf PC again.

Ask a Question