Monitor issues

Reaction score
Hey again :)
I've recently had some issues with my monitor, it seems fine on the desktop and when using tools such as this:
http://www.shozam.com/overview/adjusting-your-monitor.htm
My monitor settings appear to be... well... great!
Yet when i play full screen games (i'll use a valve game as an example):
They use a system for measuring brightness where it asks you to make sure all 3 lines are visible, the 3 lines read barely visible, slightly visible and clearly visible, each more clear than the last (of course)... Yet for me i can hardly read the "slightly" visible, even with the highest brightness setting!
Not only this but i appear to have this issue where sometimes (out of the blue) my monitor will go black as if it's turned off... then over about 10-20 seconds it'll fade in, getting brighter until back to normal again

Any ideas? dying monitor? or something to do with my pc?

I have an Iiyama monitor 22", plus Nvidia Graphics card 9800 GTX+ (if you needed that) and i'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Reaction score
Driver issue with your GFX per chance ?
HAve a look see at THIS thread. It the latest nVidia Beta Driver, give it a bash and see if there is any change...

Ask a Question