Monitor goes standby while WinXP is up and running

G

Mine is a Win XP Home, monitor goes into standby mode even as the PC is booting, does not even stays on till I can enter safe mode (F8) and if I try to enter BIOS setup, goes into standby mode in fraction of a second. But the PC boots up and shuts down properly. I'm going nuts, please help me. It has on-board graphic card.

I saw many postings regarding this problem, but no solutions yet, please help.

G

If your monitor is going into 'standby' mode even when you are in BIOS then you have a monitor problem: not a Windows related issue.

Check that the interface plug is properly connected to the Video Card at the back of your PCand srew in the retaining screws.

G

Thanks for the response, I have tried unplugging the cables and fitting them again, no luck with that.
Please note that the monitor however comes alive during the initial few seconds (the blue bar scrolls under win logo) and few seconds at the end while shutting down. It goes standby inbetween when OS is runnign or whenever u press F8 (safe mode) or DEL (BIOS setup). Any other ideas please let me know, I have not been able to use my PC for more than week now !

U

Unknown

Have you tried changing the settings in control panel--- power?
gops2000 said:
Thanks for the response, I have tried unplugging the cables and fitting them again, no luck with that.
Please note that the monitor however comes alive during the initial few
seconds (the blue bar scrolls under win logo) and few seconds at the end while
shutting down. It goes standby inbetween when OS is runnign or whenever u
press F8 (safe mode) or DEL (BIOS setup). Any other ideas please let me know,
I have not been able to use my PC for more than week now !booting, does not even stays on till I can enter safe mode (F8) and if I try
to enter BIOS setup, goes into standby mode in fraction of a second. But the
PC boots up and shuts down properly. I'm going nuts, please help me. It has
on-board graphic card.

Ask a Question