monitor conflict!

Reaction score
Oh'k as you all know ( or should know as there is a big thread called the "big uprade") that i am going to make a new pc... (WooT)

Any who0... the deal now is, i am thinking of buying a monitor (as i have a little more money...) So i was thinking buy a nice speaker set or monitor..

oh'k - the monitor i have now is an lcd monitor (analog) 15" dell thingy that i got with my pc. ok its thin but tbh i dont care if its a hulking piece of crap as long as it works and its good anough.

So now I am thinking buy the £75-00 speakers (dont think i really need them, unless they really emerse me in my game/movie ect.)

With the monitor though i want somthing a little bigger than 15inch. hell my 15inch isnt even trully 15" its 14" now that takes the **** lol... i have to bend forward when playing cs to even see the target on dust2 to even get my scope any were near the head..

so if i was to buy a new one (17inch screen being 16inch. thats +2 inch, should make a differnce) i also find the monitor i have now strange, its like a textured screen -how strange is that!

so the conflict is.. do i keep my monitor that i have now.. 15inch dell lcd screen and buy some speakers or buy a : Hyundai ImageQuest Q770S 17'' Perfectly Flat CRT Monitor Black/Silver from- http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_CRT_Monitors_66.html

hmm not so sure what to do.. any thoughts?

Reaction score
Best CRT monitor for gaming = iiyama vision master pro 454 19" Pure Flat

Note that CRT monitors display less than their advertised viewing area i.e you wont get 19" of viewable area on the 454

BUT

With TFT monitors, you DO get the viewable area e.g. my 17" TFT you CAN see ALL of 17" viewable area.

So if your TFT is advertised 15", you probably do get 15". If it was a 15" CRT, you would get about 14".

Strange, i know.

If you can, buy a GOOD 17" TFT - i do not regret my change from CRT to TFT, and i changed from top of the range CRT to Mid/High range TFT.

Look up the L1730P - It costs £272 delivered, digital inputs and 12ms response (really good for TFT which means great for games)

The image quality is just so crisp too!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Reale,

Before you commit yourself to buying a monitor I would suggest you look here and here.

I hope this helps :)

Ask a Question