Extending Desktop

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just been out and bought a new Samsung 23" LCD monitor as I'm mainly using my netbook now. Going to buy a desktop soon, but in the meantime what I want to do is have my netbook as the primary monitor and extend the desktop to the new monitor so I can use that for excel etc.

It doesn't appear to be working though. I can get the same image on both monitors, or get either monitor working, but I cannot get both monitors working as one primary and one extended.

Any idea if my netbook (Samsung N220) just wont support this, or am I doing something daft?

Thanks.

Bodhi

Reaction score
It's ok, I've answered my own question.

My netbook has Windows 7 starter and doesn't support multiple monitors, which is really weird. I might look to upgrade my version of windows, although I'm not sure Windows 7 home will run slowly on a netbook? Thoughts?

Reaction score
YOu would be better checking out minimum specs for Win 7 mate have a good read up on it on the MS site

Reaction score
Hey, I did a bit of reading and bit the bullet and upgraded, it was very simple (apart from being charged £70!! lol).

I've now managed to get it working as I wished, so I am typing to you guys on the netbook screen while watching the football on the big screen.

All is working perfectly apart from on the big screen I have the windows desktop as a tiny bit in the middle of the screen with a huge black border around it. The black border can be clicked on and everything works fine in terms of full screen. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the black border? I can't find anything like 'stretch of full screen' as in previous Windows versions?

Reaction score
Just realised a problem!! Eeeeek.

While things like Excel etc. run in full screen on the big monitor, web pages all run very narrow down the middle of the screen as if they're not realising they are on the big monitor now instead of the small one.

Can any one think of a reason why that would be or offer any advice on a potential solution?

Thanks.

Ask a Question