Modern Warefare Stimulus Pack: £10!?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It is £10.79 only while pre-order is on. Once it is officially out you are looking at whopping £12!

You get 3 new maps and Crash and Overgrown from CoD4.

The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package delivers additional action-packed multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10195/

No Thanks.
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As I recall, all previous CoD extra maps were included for free in patches.

Infinity Ward can take the wrong end of a pineapple up their jacksie.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, the mappack for cod4 (Broadcast etc) was free in a patch, sponsored by Nvidia....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like some extra maps for MW2, but considering I don't have Bad Company 2 yet then my money may be better spent elsewhere :D.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm still debating about Bad Company 2 meself, especially after reading about the many problems people with a system similar to mine are having, paint me undecided...

I have actually played a bit more CoD MW2 online and it's not too bad, I just hate the way the server's chosen for you, I prefer to be able to pick the server I want to play on. Plus, of course, no custom content.

But I am not going to pay money for extra maps, that's similar to the way when Dartford Tunnel was opened they said they'd only charge a toll until the building cost was taken at the toll booths.

Last year it was paid for and they still charge the toll. Some people are just too greedy.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Get BC2, much better game, and the last patch has fixed a lot of issues. :)

EA/DICE seem to be v good in patches/ server updates, theres another due soon.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
LOL, the next mappack from IW.....

Here we go again....

This time you get to pay for Strike and vacant both good maps from cod4. Plus 3 probably crap new ones.... Epic fail IW...

Xbox Live's Major Nelson had Infinity Ward "creative strategist" Robert Bowling on his podcast recently to talk about the upcoming Resurgence Map Pack for Modern Warfare 2. Set to release on June 3 on Xbox Live, the pack will be priced at 1200
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
($15) -- the same as its predecessor, the Stimulus Pack. Resurgence will feature maps old and new, including two Call of Duty 4 maps and three new locations:
  • Vacant -- the wide open Russian office complex from CoD4
  • Strike -- the urban town surrounded by hotels from CoD4
  • Carnival -- an abandoned carnival area with a Ferris wheel, fun house and other attractions
  • Trailer Park -- full of "super tight corridors" and featuring a pool ("Mobile Estates," Bowling calls it)
  • Fuel -- a "sniper haven" based in and around an oil refinery
Bowling says that the new maps will be tied to specific playlists, just like the Stimulus maps. With the Resurgence collection, however, it's possible that all of the maps will be available in every playlist, as long as "demand is high." And, as with the previous pack, the new maps will be exclusive to Xbox 360 for a short time before coming to PC and PS3.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/modern-warfare-2-resurgence-map-pack-detailed-by-bowling/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bit sad, innit?

Having used one of those console thingies (Xbox 360) for a few weeks now I note that this is the norm where console games are concerned. They expect you to pay for the vast majority of what they always refer to as 'downloadable content'. Which means extra maps for some games.

Looks as if IW are trying to change PC users' POV's to those of console users.

And the sad thing is they will probably succeed.

I wonder if IW charging for what were formerly freebies had anything to do with their sacking of a main design team member and the subsequent walking out of IW staff loyal to that individual? Makes you wonder.

Whatever, I don't think much of CoD_MW2 online anyway.