Modem Busy, Busy, Busy, Busy, Busy :)

G

Hi

I have an errant modem that is ignoring the "cancel the call if not connected within xxx seconds" setting.

I've tried all sorts of values from 0 to 999. I've even tried replacing the modem (originally a Diamond Supra Express External, now a 3Com USR 56K Fax External) both are using certified drivers.

What is happening (the dialling app could be fax software or hyperterminal) is that I'm dialling a number, the receiving end rings, but unless it is picked up in the first ring the system reports "Busy" (in hyperterminal) or "The modem you are dialling is busy, try again later" (in other windows apps).

If the receiving phone is answered within 1 ring then everything is fine.

So is there an errant registry entry somewhere I can change that will increase this value from 1 ring to something more sensible?

Cheers

J

G

Years ago I struck this problem with USR modems! You need to find the initialisation string to add to the modem settings to fix this if its what I think it is. Go to the modem ini string settings and I think you need to add X2 (I think, its been so long!!!)

G

Cheers, but that didn't work

What I really need I think is to remove and reinstall the modem apsect of W2K server, a bit like I would remove and reinstall DUN.

Anyone know how it's done?

Ask a Question