Mobile Phone Gaming?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I see adverts for mobile phone games all the time in Magazines and on TV. Does anyone actually buy these things for £2.50 a go, or a ringtone for £1.50? I've always thought of them as a huge waste of money, but these companies can spent £3k on a full page spread, so people must actually buy them!

I have a Nokia 6100 but I don't bother with games on it, even though they can be downloaded for free with a data cable. Am I missing out?

Reaction score
DON'T order any of them, If you read the small print under the ad it says that all you do is get a text containing a few choices of ringtones you can buy, you get about 6 of these texts a week at £1.50 each, thts alot. It also says that yo can cancel your subscription, but this ill take 2 weeks, evan more money waisted, so DON'T DO IT!

Reaction score
I bought a data cable from ebay.

I can put any standard Midi file onto my phone and it will automatically become a full polyphonic ringtone.

As for game? You can download them off the net too. Everything is free!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I bought a data cable from ebay.

I can put any standard Midi file onto my phone and it will automatically become a full polyphonic ringtone.

As for game? You can download them off the net too. Everything is free!!
Bought a "data cable" myself for my 'Moto' ... basically to "back-up" the data ... soon realised that there were a whole host of "free" midi files out there for the taking.

Not one for games on a phone, I bought the dam thing to use as a phone, but I do like "showing off" the latest ringtones. :D

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've got games on me mobile, don't know what they are, I've never looked. Too damn fiddly to play games on, though I notice there's a tiny screw-on joystick for it.

As for ringtones, I have mine set to one that sounds like an old fashioned land-line bell.

Perverse or what? ;)

Ask a Question