Windows XP Missing pics in FireFox ????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Im runninng XP Pro with Fire Fox . I have No Script and AdBlock Plus with FilterSet G .

When I sign in to E-Bay the pictures do not show or only as little white boxes with a small logo in the top left corner . I have allowed e-bay in No Script but that hasn't made a difference . Any ideas . :confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Try disabling the extensions and see if it still does it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks never thought of that .

Disabling the add ons didn't help at all . Humph I'm stumped :(

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Do those pages work in IE?

I think i had this problem a little while back with firefox my firewall was blocking the images :confused: well atleast i think it was as when i disabled it they would appaear.

In the end it fixed but i forget now what did it i didnt have to re-install anything just worked one day..........i think

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
Do those pages work in IE?

I think i had this problem a little while back with firefox my firewall was blocking the images :confused: well atleast i think it was as when i disabled it they would appaear.

In the end it fixed but i forget now what did it i didnt have to re-install anything just worked one day..........i think

Yep IE7 works fine for e-bay its just a pain swapping browsers all the time specialy if I'm searching for info on products , and I like FF . So I don't think its a firewall prob .

:(:confused:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
yeah when I had the problem it worked on Ie, could you just try the firewall as in the small chance that that will solve it we wouldnt want to miss it.

Also if that does not work have you tried re-installing firefox?

Also did you disable all your extensions or did you only disable those two? If not all of them maybe giving that a go is another try.

I wish i could help more but im stumped for fixes

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Answer found after a couple of hours searching . An it was easy peasy .

http://www.download.com/IE-Tab/3003-11745_4-10603738.html?tag=tab_rev

Its an add-on for FF . Works a treat and is neat and discrete on the lower status bar .

FIRE FOX ROCKS get in touch with your inner child use it now .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif
:D
laughingsmiley.gif
:D
laughingsmiley.gif
happywave.gif
:cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what your "problem" is with FF, but non of the sites you mentioned are IE only websites ... you shouldn't need an add-ons to "fix" the issue.

What the hell, if it works, leave it. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Well, I don't know what your "problem" is with FF, but non of the sites you mentioned are IE only websites ... you shouldn't need an add-ons to "fix" the issue.

What the hell, if it works, leave it. :thumb:

Hmmm now thats puzzling . So e-bay should work without the add-on . The add-on works for e-bay but only half works for the Betfair site . I might try reinstalling FF if I can find the time to see if that fixes the problem . Still it works at the moment so I'll leave it as it is .
user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You must have changed something in the firefox options somewhere...I have no probs with the sites you mention and i always use firefox.

Just out of interest, if you go into the options, content tab, 'load images automatically'. tick the box and check you dont have the sites mentioned in the 'exceptions list. try that. :)

Oh, and reinstalling FF probably wouldn't work as it leaves your profile on your pc so when you reinstall it just uses your existing profile, for example your extensions, themes and settings. ;)

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks V_R your tip will save me reloading FF . Heres the options panel nowt excluded . I'm baffled , but that don't take much :)

Attachments

• 2007-03-17_160038.png
    2007-03-17_160038.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 100

Ask a Question