Missing or Currupted System32\Config\system

During a sleep mode I got this message when I boot up my computer. Missing or Currupted \Windows\system32\Config\System file. It say to put in the set up CD-rom to repair the files. I put in my Windows XP cd and it not doing
anything. I need to fix this problem with out destroying the information on my C drive.

Need Help, I have digital photos that I can't replace. Did not have time to do a back-up of these new files

I'm in real trouble with trying to keep my information. I'm in another country without all my computer disc
so what do I need to ask around and find to fix my system

Please help and Thanks
Jam-1

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Try this:

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry [Q307545]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

Jam-1 in trouble with lab top said:
Hi,
During a sleep mode I got this message when I boot up my computer.
Missing or Currupted \Windows\system32\Config\System file. It say to put in
the set up CD-rom to repair the files. I put in my Windows XP cd and it not
doing
anything. I need to fix this problem with out destroying the information on my C drive.

Need Help, I have digital photos that I can't replace. Did not have time
to do a back-up of these new files.
I'm in real trouble with trying to keep my information. I'm in another
country without all my computer disc,

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

To investigate the root cause(s) of the problem:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:

having both at once. -- RAH

"Jam-1 in trouble with lab top" <[email protected]>
During a sleep mode I got this message when I boot up my computer.
Missing or Currupted \Windows\system32\Config\System file. It say to
put in the set up CD-rom to repair the files. I put in my Windows XP
cd and it not doing
anything. I need to fix this problem with out destroying the information on my C drive.

Need Help, I have digital photos that I can't replace. Did not have
time to do a back-up of these new files.
I'm in real trouble with trying to keep my information. I'm in
another country without all my computer disc,

Nick Burns

No time to backup your files, but you have time to fix, hours...
Hope you learned.