Missing Option for POP3 Acct Type

J

Jeff

Hi all. Hoping to get some knowledge. I have Outlook 2007 and am trying to configure my two POP3 email accounts. The problem is there is no option to select POP3 as the account type. My only choice from the dropdown is IMAP. Has anyone experienced this issue before? I have been unable to find a resolution for this.

I have tried removing my mail profile and creating a new one still with no luck whatsoever.

R

Roady [MVP]

Don't multipost. Answered in another newsgroup you have posted this question
in.

J

Jeff

Robert,
I'm sorry if you found it offensive that I posted this question somewhere else on the internet. I thought I would find help here rather than a reprimand.

In any case I will post the solution to this in the event that others come across this problem.

If the option to setup a POP, IMAP, or Exchange email account type is missing or disabled, it may be enabled by the following steps:

Go to registry editor
HKEY Current User
Software
Microsoft
Office
Outlook
Options (single click)
Change the value of Disable POP3 (or whichever account type is disabled) from 0 to 1

This will enable the disabled account type.

Again, my apologies for bringing an issue to this forum that was posted somewhere else on the internet. I didn't realize this was frowned upon here.

R

Roady [MVP]

The main issue with multiposting is that you break the discussion. Things
you discuss with people in one newsgroup will not automatically show up in
the other. Also, if the issue is resolved in one newsgroup, it could still
show as unresolved in another newsgroup leading to another person spending
his/her time and resources on solving something that has been solved
already. In other words; a waste of time.

Instead of multiposting use crossposting. This means that you'll address
multiple newsgroups in 1 go. When people reply to it or when you add
information, it will show in all addressed newsgroups leaving the discussion
intact.

Either way; thanks for posting back your solution :)

Ask a Question