Midi and Wav File wont Play


D

David

Apologies if I'm the wrong group
The Midi and Wav files won't play in Real Player or the Window Media Player.
Other music files will work including audio CD and the computer sound is
also working OK.
I have XP Home edition and VIA AC97 Audio
Any help appreciated
TIA
David
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

Wesley Vogel

The file associations may have been stolen, Try this.

Open Windows Media Player | Tools | Options |
File Types tab | Click the Select All button |
Click Apply | Click OK

[[If you install other multimedia playback programs on your computer, they
may interfere with your Player file types settings. For more information
about setting file type ownership in other multimedia playback programs, see
the documentation that came with those programs. ]]

[[If you want to make another player the default player for a specific file
type, clear the check box for it in the File types list. ]]

[[If a selected check box is dimmed, Windows Media Player has only partial
ownership of the file type. Multiple file extensions are assigned to the
file type, but the Player only plays some of those extensions by default. To
give the Player full ownership of a file type, double-click the dimmed check
box. ]]

Someone else will have to post about Real Player, I won't have anything to
do with it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
 
D

David

Than you Wesley
I have tried everything you suggested and also uninstalled Real Player and
made Window Media Player the default player. I have also reinstalled Win XP
and downloaded Window Media Player 10 but I still cannot play midi files.
I have a webpage with Welsh songs and music and I cannot hear them.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nrhenllys/welshsongs.htm
All other sounds work OK.
It is a mystery.
Regards
David

Wesley Vogel said:
The file associations may have been stolen, Try this.

Open Windows Media Player | Tools | Options |
File Types tab | Click the Select All button |
Click Apply | Click OK

[[If you install other multimedia playback programs on your computer, they
may interfere with your Player file types settings. For more information
about setting file type ownership in other multimedia playback programs, see
the documentation that came with those programs. ]]

[[If you want to make another player the default player for a specific file
type, clear the check box for it in the File types list. ]]

[[If a selected check box is dimmed, Windows Media Player has only partial
ownership of the file type. Multiple file extensions are assigned to the
file type, but the Player only plays some of those extensions by default. To
give the Player full ownership of a file type, double-click the dimmed check
box. ]]

Someone else will have to post about Real Player, I won't have anything to
do with it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
David said:
Apologies if I'm the wrong group
The Midi and Wav files won't play in Real Player or the Window Media
Player. Other music files will work including audio CD and the computer
sound is also working OK.
I have XP Home edition and VIA AC97 Audio
Any help appreciated
TIA
David
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

Wesley Vogel

David,

Try the experts at

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
David said:
Than you Wesley
I have tried everything you suggested and also uninstalled Real Player and
made Window Media Player the default player. I have also reinstalled Win
XP and downloaded Window Media Player 10 but I still cannot play midi
files. I have a webpage with Welsh songs and music and I cannot hear them.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nrhenllys/welshsongs.htm
All other sounds work OK.
It is a mystery.
Regards
David

Wesley Vogel said:
The file associations may have been stolen, Try this.

Open Windows Media Player | Tools | Options |
File Types tab | Click the Select All button |
Click Apply | Click OK

[[If you install other multimedia playback programs on your computer,
they may interfere with your Player file types settings. For more
information about setting file type ownership in other multimedia
playback programs, see the documentation that came with those programs.
]]

[[If you want to make another player the default player for a specific
file type, clear the check box for it in the File types list. ]]

[[If a selected check box is dimmed, Windows Media Player has only
partial ownership of the file type. Multiple file extensions are
assigned to the file type, but the Player only plays some of those
extensions by default. To give the Player full ownership of a file type,
double-click the dimmed check box. ]]

Someone else will have to post about Real Player, I won't have anything
to do with it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
David said:
Apologies if I'm the wrong group
The Midi and Wav files won't play in Real Player or the Window Media
Player. Other music files will work including audio CD and the computer
sound is also working OK.
I have XP Home edition and VIA AC97 Audio
Any help appreciated
TIA
David
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top