Word microsoft Works Word processor Insertion Point Line

Reaction score
Hi, I have Microsoft Works Word Processor, and I have a question concerning the blinking line; I believe it's called the insertion point, or insertion line?

I was wondering, how do you make it stop blinking? I have epilepsy, and each time I try to use the program, the blinking starts triggering seizures. But I really need to use the program in order to complete projects I'm working on. What do I do?

~Riella

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Using Windows you can turn off the "blinking cursor" via the Keyboard Properties.

Heres how ...

1. Click "Start" and then click on "Control Panel." If you are using an older version of Windows you will click "Start," point to "Settings" and then click on "Control Panel."

2. If your "Control Panel" is in "Category View," click the option in the task pane that says "Switch to Classic View."

3. Double click "Keyboard." The "Keyboard Properties" dialog box will appear.

4. Click the "Speed" tab.

5. Under "Cursor Blink Rate," use the slider to slow down or speed up your cursor.

6. Click "Apply" and "OK."

MS short version :)

NOTE: some programs may override this setting

Welcome to PCReview

:user:

Ask a Question