Microsoft Outlook

Reaction score
Has me confused: was getting 0x80048002 now I am getting 0x80042108 can't connect to pop server:

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Reaction score
My problem was my ISP. They have done some work and my mail wasn't leaving the server. Account was reset and all is going well.

Capsa

Reaction score
Error 0x80042108

I am experiencing the same error with Outlook 2007. It started about two weeks ago, and I have checked with the ISP, and the account checks out fine. Alsok, I can access the ISP Web Mail using the account and all works fine.

If I reboot the system, then the first time I open Outlook, it works normally. If I logoff, then log back in, I begin getting the error.

I have removed the Norton anti-virus software, turned off the MS firewall and still cannot get around this error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, in advance,

Reaction score
Tincansailor,

Your problem sounds very similar to what mine was. My ISP was convinced it was at my end and not theirs. After I pushed the issues that my mail wasn't even leaving their server they then they decided to test the account. Their test showed that my account was intermittently responding. To overcome this they removed the account and reinstated it with a new pass word and all went fine.

Let me know what your ISP has done to date and this may help further.

CAPSA

Ask a Question