Microsoft Communities always wants me to Sign in??

tjdarth

I just happened upon Windows Mail on my new laptop and established a
connection for msnnews newsgroup. Everything was fine until I attempted to
send a response to one of the messages I had previously left on the board.
When I press the send button, I get a "Sign in to Microsoft Communities"
window asking for an e-mail address and a passwword?

I am curreently connected to the internet thru my Verizon FiOS isp service?
What iss causing this window to continually show itself? I am wondering if I
have inadvertently set a multipule flag in th options for this application. I
would like to get this app to recognize my current online statuse and
responed with the proper function of sending the msg without the intermittant
Sign-In Window. Can someone help me reswolve this issue?

Thanks in advance . . .
Tom J.

John Inzer

tjdarth said:
[...]

=================================
True...you are online with your ISP...but
in order to post to the MS Community
Newsgroups you must sign in with your
Windows Live ID / Passport. (and..you'll
have to sign in every time you access the site)

Windows Live ID
https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf

You may want to consider setting up
Windows Mail for newsgroup access...
then you would not have to access the
website.

The following article may be useful:

Windows Vista -
Accessing Newsgroups
With Windows Mail
http://tinyurl.com/3avt5q

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Gary VanderMolen

The Communities feature is rather buggy, and is best turned off.
Go to Tools, Options, uncheck "Use newsgroup message rating feature."