microland technology

Reaction score
my grapics card broke 10 months after purchasing my system from them it is now been over twelve months the guarentee has expired and they have still not replaced my card. much more on this story to come!

Reaction score
if you reported the gfx card being faulty while within your 12 months cover (if you have basic 12months) the legal right of the company is to still replace it regardless of the current date or cover issue.

there is no way they can try to swing this around as when you call a cmopany they are meant to log the call date time etc..

if you e-mailed them then i would advice you to get a copy of the email form your sent box print it etc.. as this will state the day date and time you sent the email also where it was sent to, also make a backup on your computer fr backup proof if they shoudl want to dig deeper to ensure that they cant get aroudn this situation.

Reaction score
i know this is much later posted than the original post. dave p did you ever get your gfx replaced?, i have just gone through hell with microland. please keep us informed

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Dave P

I am sure you will have sussed that there are quite a few of us who have been 'btten' by htis company. Please keep us posted, check out this site, PC Advisor (but be very careful what you write there!), Ixat, dealtime, Romulus 2 and Youdoo. My advice, keep extremely good records of all you do, send etc...., contact Stockport Trading Standards who are looking into them and keep us well posted on here. There are a few of us that have been to hell and back and may be able to offer some support.

Take care

Gabriella x

ijk

Reaction score
Ordered form Microland technology computer parts in April and cancelled the very next day before the goods were dispatched. Yet three days later received an email telling me my goods had been dispatched. I called back and they said not to worry, just to refuse the goods and they would refund my money. As instructed refused to take delivery of the goods and thought nothing of it. Till happened to check my credit card account about 14 days later when noticed the money had not been refunded. Since than have sent repeated emails and made many phone calls which have had no effect. They say refunding my money is now on top priority for them but they have been telling that for many months. It has been four months since I cancelled but not yet received a refund.

If you order from them and need any customer service you will find you will spend most of the day waiting for them to answer the phone and when they do you will not get any help. And if you ever want a refund I guess you have to forget it.

AVOID THEM THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

Reaction score
Agreed.

They are the devil reincarnate.

If you can, buy directly from a shop, not mail order. In that way, you know you are receiving the goods there and then!

By the way, everybody should inform PC Pro, Micro Mart etc. of just how bad a company MT really are, so others are fore-warned, and in the long run maybe, just maybe, the muppets at MT might get the message, though I doubt it. All they have to do is simply close down and then re-open with a new name. Then the fun can start again(!)

Kye

Reaction score
im suprised that online retailing computer component shops are not more openly competative.

with the reputation that mircoland tech has for so long, they should be out of business by now. unless they pray on the unknowing :(

Reaction score
Like with PC World, for example? That's because fools (like me) just rush in without doing any research.

Remember how MT make their money - they push customers to the absolute brink by simply banking on interest by those who pay on credit. THAT's how they make their money - simple!

I can't honestly believe that they make their money simply by honest selling!

Ask a Question