Michelle Kightley

I am currently using Windows XP. Every time I access Internet Explorer security messages pop up. This prevents me from using several web pages

Microsoft Internet Explore

" Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly

I have tried changing my levels of security from medium to low and high. This hasn't made any difference. The messages still pop. My security setting is currently set on 'low'

Any ideas???

Will Denny

Hi

Try the Settings at 'Default Level'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| I am currently using Windows XP. Every time I access Internet Explorer security messages pop up. This prevents me from using several web pages.
|
| Microsoft Internet Explorer
|
| " Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly "
|
| I have tried changing my levels of security from medium to low and high. This hasn't made any difference. The messages still pop. My security setting is currently set on 'low'.
|
| Any ideas???

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Follow these steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. From the top menu, click "Tools > Internet Options".
3. Click the "Security" tab.
4. Click the "Custom level" button.
5. Under "Reset Custom Settings", select "Medium" from the drop-down menu.
6. Click the "Reset" button.
7. When asked to confirm, click "Yes".
8. Click "OK".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Microsoft Internet Explorer (ActiveX)" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

|I am currently using Windows XP. Every time I access Internet Explorer security messages pop up. This
prevents me from using several web pages.

| Microsoft Internet Explorer
|
| " Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may
not display correctly "

| I have tried changing my levels of security from medium to low and high. This hasn't made any difference.
The messages still pop. My security setting is currently set on 'low'.

| Any ideas???

MAP

I am currently using Windows XP. Every time I access
Internet Explorer security messages pop up. This prevents
me from using several web pages.
Microsoft Internet Explorer

" Your current security settings prohibit running
ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may
not display correctly "
I have tried changing my levels of security from medium
to low and high. This hasn't made any difference. The
messages still pop. My security setting is currently set
on 'low'.
Any ideas???
.
I have my system set up to do the same thing(on purpose),
and I never been unable to use any web site?
If you lower these settings you will be bombarded by
scumware so to save you the trouble asking for help at a
later date here are some tools you will need.Allowing
activex to run without knowing just what it is doing is
opening your system up to anything.

Spybot "Search and Destroy"
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spywareblaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

Ad-aware
http://www.lavasoft.de/

CWS Shedder,Hijackthis,BHO Demon

winpatrol
http://www.winpatrol.com/

CWShredder (Line 313) Home page lock (Line 63)
Hijack this (Line 116)

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/