messages.unable to rectify.........

EdK

From: "EdK" <[email protected]>
Subject: Error Messages
Date: Thursday, February 05, 2004 3:13 PM

Running W2K Pro as workstation, receive these error messages every day at
start-up...(SP2 installed)(IE 6)

Event Type: Error
Event Source: rasctrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2001
Date: 2/5/2004
Time: 11:45:31 AM
User: N/A
Computer: K***E1
The description for Event ID ( 2001 ) in Source ( rasctrs ) cannot be found.
The

local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files

to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is
part of

the event: .

(NOTE--does not give any further info <<<<)

Event Type: Error
Event Source: RemoteAccess
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20103
Date: 2/5/2004
Time: 11:45:07 AM
User: N/A
Computer: K****E1
Unable to load C:\WINNT\System32\iprtrmgr.dll.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00 ....

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7024
Date: 2/5/2004
Time: 11:45:17 AM
User: N/A
Computer: K****E1
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error
2.

*************************
also, in Device Manager/Network Adap/WAN Miniport (IP) #2
has yellow ! on it.......no one needs remote access to this workstation, we
have tried to Uninstall the Wan Miniport, it wont let us as it says:
Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the
computer.
????
anyway, I ask for help in resolving these issues. The PC works fine, but it
is annoying seeing errors and problems when I pride myself on a problem-free
machine (yes, I have done this.LOL).

EdK

Danny Slye - [MSFT}

You might want to try the steps in:
299013 Routing and Remote Access Service Does Not Start and Event ID 20103
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299013
It is written for Server, but still applies
SP2 is no longer supported and you need SP4 to get the latest updates
--------------------

Date: 2/5/2004
Time: 11:45:17 AM
User: N/A
Computer: K****E1
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error
2.

*************************
also, in Device Manager/Network Adap/WAN Miniport (IP) #2
has yellow ! on it.......no one needs remote access to this workstation, we
have tried to Uninstall the Wan Miniport, it wont let us as it says:
Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the
computer.
????
anyway, I ask for help in resolving these issues. The PC works fine, but it
is annoying seeing errors and problems when I pride myself on a problem-free
machine (yes, I have done this.LOL).

EdK

__
Danny Slye
Microsoft Support Professional
MCSE

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!