messages stuck in outbox

windows mail - vista home premium 32. since yesterday, all the messages i
send stay in my outbox. can't delete or move them, can't even view some of
them. from phoning recipients, i think the messages have actually gone. found
a download on microsoft technical help which has allowed me delete some from
the outbox but hasn't fixed the problem - new messages i write still stay in
the outbox. incoming mail is fine. my anti-virus doesn't scan outgoing and i
haven't got any norton or mcafee on my pc. i'm not a hugely experienced user
and i'm stuck now. HELP

chris@home said:
windows mail - vista home premium 32. since yesterday, all the messages i
send stay in my outbox. can't delete or move them, can't even view some of
them. from phoning recipients, i think the messages have actually gone. found
a download on microsoft technical help which has allowed me delete some from
the outbox but hasn't fixed the problem - new messages i write still stay in
the outbox. incoming mail is fine. my anti-virus doesn't scan outgoing and i
haven't got any norton or mcafee on my pc. i'm not a hugely experienced user
and i'm stuck now. HELP

brink said:
Hi Chris,

Did you receive any error messages? If so, can you post a copy here so
we will know how to best help you on this.

In the mean time, try this:
Read the "First" section in this tutorial about antivirus programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html)

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Thanks alot guys, spot on! my outbox is now clear and newly created messages end up in sent items where they belong. 10/10 :)

I'm having the same problem. There's one message there with error "Message
could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again."
I can't delete it, and it seems to be blocking later outgoing messages.
Where are the tutorials you reference?

RDC said:
I'm having the same problem. There's one message there with error "Message
could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again."
I can't delete it, and it seems to be blocking later outgoing messages.
Where are the tutorials you reference?

OK- I have a ton of messages in my OUTBOX that won't send- what is going
on???the thing is I never got an error message and thought all these were
being sent!!??!!what should I do - How can I fix this- all i can think of is
that I renewed my Mcfee ....anyone cna heLP??? please
LP

Gary VanderMolen

You can thank McAfee for getting you into this trouble.
Uninstall it pronto.

JEAN & JIM FRICK

I am having the same problem and can't get a straight answer

(e-mail address removed)

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Maybe they were curved instead of crooked?

Gary VanderMolen said:
Which crooked answers have you gotten? :)

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

JEAN & JIM FRICK said:
I am having the same problem and can't get a straight answer

(e-mail address removed)

stevie

hi i cant get to read my e mails or send any i have a lot of mail and i cant
get to read it

Do you have a stuck message in the inbox as the subject says? If so,
download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common
antivirus programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee,
or a recent one from Trend, tend to cause such problems, so if you
have any such programs, remember where to find the fix - you are
likely to need it again.

If that doesn't help, show us the entire error messages if any that
you get when trying to send or receive.

Also, what antivirus programs if any do you have?

Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. A recent version of
the Trend antivirus software, as well as most antivirus software from
Norton or McAfee, can cause such problems, although seldom
immediately, so if you have such a program, remember where to
find the fix - you are likely to need it again.

"what do you mean by ' first'" <what do you mean by '
first'@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

misswendi66

Hi we had the same problem last night emails were going out ok then 1 got
stuck had the error message and then nothing went i downloaded the link as
listed in one of the discussions we then were able to delete the "error mail"
i was wondering now why the folders etc are broken up into 3 sections since
we went to windows live mail

Quick views which i understand
then there is my ISP address with 5 folders inbox/drafts/sent/junk/deleted
which is pretty much std,
then there is the storage folders which also include in/sent/junk/out etc etc
this might seem like a really dumb question !!! why are these mail folders
repeated and does live mail archive to these automatically after a certain
time thats why they are there
thank wendi

misswendi66 said:
[...]

Do you have more than one email account entered under Windows Live
Mail? If so, WLM creates one set of email folders for each account.

Gary VanderMolen

The default Storage folders exist in Windows Live Mail for the
purpose of holding sent and draft messages for newsgroups.
You can also create additional custom folders there, for the
purpose of archiving important emails. There is no automatic
archiving.