message will not move to sky mail

Barney

"An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'tester', Account:
'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '421 aamtaout03-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from
[xx.xxx.xx.xx]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number:
0x800CCC67"

I have all the correct setting to send & receive my sky mail through windows
mail (vista). I can receive mail from sky as I sent 4 test messages, but the
one in my windows mail outbox willnot budge. Has anyone got any pointers to
resolve this issue.

thank you for your time.

Gary VanderMolen

Did you X out the IP address [xx.xxx.xx.xx]?
It would have given me a good clue as to what might be wrong.
Without that information, all I can is an educated guess.
It looks like you are trying to use NTL's outgoing mail server
although you are connected to the Internet via someone else's network.
Who was providing your Internet connection when you got that error?

Barney

Did you X out the IP address [xx.xxx.xx.xx]?
It would have given me a good clue as to what might be wrong.
Without that information, all I can is an educated guess.
It looks like you are trying to use NTL's outgoing mail server
although you are connected to the Internet via someone else's network.
Who was providing your Internet connection when you got that error?

""An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'tester', Account:
'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '421 aamtaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from
[90.220.89.12]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number:
0x800CCC67""

I think I understand it now Gary, I am no longer with ntl therefore i cannot
use their server. I have kept my ntlworld username & password which is an
added mailbox with my neighbours ntlworld server. I have sky.com as the
default server in windows mail. This is the details of the mail I cannot
send.......
""From: "Barney" <my address with ntlworld>
To: <my address with sky>
Subject: tester
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:33:49 -0000

Gary VanderMolen

NTL is not letting you use their SMTP server because you are
connecting from a Sky IP address. All your sending needs to be
done using Sky's SMTP server.

Barney

Thanks for all the assistance for some unknown reason the message was sent
this morning, I tried another one and the same, it went. Also I have
received the two messages with widows mail from the sky mail. So now
everything is sweet.
Once again Gary thenkyou for your invaluable assistance. Where would we be
without our Microsoft MVP's
NTL is not letting you use their SMTP server because you are
connecting from a Sky IP address. All your sending needs to be
done using Sky's SMTP server.

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome, Barney.
But the same problem may return. When it does, I can help you configure
your mail account so it sends from the Sky SMTP server.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Barney said:
[...]

""From: "Barney" <my address with ntlworld>