Memory speed lowered

CSB

Reaction score
Hi ya Folks

I used to Overclock my CPU until I noticed that it makes my Kingmax 512mb system memory go from 400Mhz stock speed down to 266Mhz :( , I see this as too much of a drop in speed to raise the CPU above its 3.2Ghz stock

Why does it happen?, and anyway to get around it? :confused: , BIOS settings maybe???

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
maybe you have to increase memory voltage? Although i dont recommend

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i noticed that mine had been clocked down to 333Mhz and the FSB - RAM ratio had been changed so i went into BIOS and manually set it

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, I deffinately wouldn't mess with the voltage Alf, I'll try to alter the speed manually tomorrow Me__2001, I hope it can be done cos I'm really annoyed about the Memory FSB being lowered just cos of CPU overclocking ... would never have expected it with an ASUS board

I have a cold at the moment :( and a few days ago I thought to myself "oh its mid January ... maybe I wont get a cold this winter :D " ... never mind though

Wrap up warm all ... it's going to be another cold day I guess

Rob

Ask a Question