Medion MD 5000 Motherboard

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone find out for me if this board can run an 8x AGP GFX Card. It was bought in 2003 and was pulled from a mediom computer. But I cant find any details on it. This is the board in qustion. MD 500 Motherboard.

Thanks,

Wizkid

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Are you sure its not the Medion MD5000?

If it is, then I believe the motherboard is an MSI (Microstar) MS-6701 which is AGP 8X from what I can see.

Reaction score
Yup it is sorry about that.

I take it that board will work with an ATI Radeon 9600SE?

Thanks,

Wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well if its an AGP 8X card then I don't see why not.

Edit: By the way I've edited the title to reflect the correct mobo model :thumb:

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just finshed building the above mainboard into a case. I am a little un sure as to hgow to coneect the front USB ports I have the manual and it says that there is 17 coneectors but I only have 5. 4 all as one and then there is another one by its self. I have been trying to do this with the manual but was uinable to do this..

Any help would be most grateful

Thanks,

Wizkid

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK......the USB header on the board has connections for up to 4 USB connectors combined in one socket - hence it has 18 pins.

As you look at it on the board from above, Pin 1 is top left, Pin 2 top right and you work down like that until you get to the final pin bottom right which is Pin 18.

Your case connectors have 4 pins plus a separate extra one - you may not need the extra one, but we'll see.

You need to make sure the 4 pin case connector is the right way around (check on the connector or your case manual) and connect from Pin 1 on the header (which is 'Power') directly down the left side....ie Pins 3 (Data- or D-), 5 (Data+ or D+), 7 (Ground or GND) - likewise if you have a second case connector then start at Pin 2 (also 'Power') and go down the top right and connect to Pins 2,4,6,8.

If you have more than 2 case USB connectors then the final 2 headers on the board go upwards from Pin 17 on the left side (Power) then Pins 15, 13, 11 and Pin 18 on the right (Power) then Pins 16, 14, 12 in the same configuration as the first 2.

That should work, however if you do need the final single case connector pin, then place that on the next pin immediately after the first 4 in each case (Signal Data or SGND) - but try without first it won't do any harm.

Ask a Question