McAfee Security Centre expired

Reaction score
Hi, wonder if you could help. I bought a toshiba laptop and it came with the McAfee security centre. This haS NOw expired. What can i use instead of this that is good and free?

will i need to uninstall the McAfee in order for other antivirus programs to run?

many thansk

Reaction score
In my honest opinion go for Kaspersky..No you won't need to uninstall anything..When You install any new AV or IS it will happen automatically one you start loading the new software....There are also a multitude of free AV's online that you can use...Once again in my opinion, i'd perefer to use one of the up market programs ie Kaspersky

Up to you. Other great minds willbe along soon to give their advise..
happywave.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Dramaqueen

There are various free Antivirus solutions out there but the one I use and is completely free is Avast 4 Its a top quality scanner and gives you on access scanning meaning it will stop viruses and Trojans from even installing and preventing your machine from being taken over by trojans or hackers..

Its not resource hungry and you won't even know its there, it automatically updates virus definitions twice a day and tells you when it does..

You can get it here..http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Just follow these instructions to register the product when you have installed it, and you will have free updates for 12 months..

avast! antivirus Home Edition is FREE to use but it is necessary to register before the end of the initial 60 day trial period. Following the registration you will receive by e-mail a license key valid for a period of 1 year. After you have downloaded and installed the program, the license key must be inserted into it within 60 days. The registration process is very easy, and it will take you only a couple of minutes.

Hope that helps you out..
nod.gif

Reaction score
thanks for all of your help - i'll have a go at your suggestions crazy legs!

thanks for all responses

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No worries if you have any problems then just come back and we''ll try to help you again..:nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Dramaqueen said:
will i need to uninstall the McAfee in order for other antivirus programs to run?

many thansk
I would always recommend uninstalling an old AV suite before installing a completely new one :nod:

Ask a Question