Mark, here is what is happening

Bill Beeney

To Mark or anyone else that can help. I have pasted my
original message at the bottom in case you need to see
what has happened from the beginning.

I just tried to reinstall Frontpage again. When setup
first starts it says that the Office XP requires newer
windows system components not detected on my pc.

It says that setup must update my system to the minimum
required level of functionality including core system and
data access components. ( am using win 98 2nd edition).

It then goes thru the install process and updates some
system files and then goes and installs Frontpage.

It does not seem to install Microsoft Office, even though
I delted that file from my pc before installing.

After all that, I try to run Frontpage and I get an error
message that it is not installed properly. I click OK and
I get a message that frontpage has performed an illegal
operation and will shut down.

When I hit the details button on this window here is what
I get....

FRONTPG caused an invalid page fault in
module MFC42.DLL at 0167:5f403ada.
Registers:
EAX=339559a8 CS=0167 EIP=5f403ada EFLGS=00010202
EBX=00000e15 SS=016f ESP=005300d4 EBP=005300ec
ECX=00000001 DS=016f ESI=00000100 FS=3ef7
EDX=8183bb2c ES=016f EDI=8183bb68 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
80 78 15 00 8b 35 04 b8 49 5f 89 45 fc 75 2f e8
Stack dump:
8183bb68 00000100 00000000 00000000 00000e15 00000000
0053020c 5f4040ad 0000e14e 00530108 00000100 8183bb68
00000001 00530194 005300fc 00000000

I have gone into the cd and have hit the install buttons
for everything and have installed the office web
components.

There is an install icon for Instmsiw.exe that when I
click on that it says (wrong os or os version for
application)?

This is about all the info I can give.. Does anyone have
any idea what is wrong or what I need to do to get my
Frontpage loaded properly?

Here is my original message if you would like to see what
started all this....

Thanks for any help you can give me as I really need to
get this resolved asap...

. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail)