    also I tried smitRem and that didn't work either.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks, Joyce

    Gaoth na h-oidhche, Dec 14, 2005

  2. From: "Gaoth na h-oidhche" <>

    | Somehow my computer ended up with smitfraud-C., ad.oinadserver, and SpyAxe.
    | I have tried Spybot, adaware, and Microsoft Antispyware which didn't help
    | also I tried smitRem and that didn't work either.
    | Does anyone have any suggestions?
    |
    | Thanks, Joyce

    Two part reply...

    Perfoem Part 1 and then perform Part 2

    Part 1
    -----------

    Use noahdfear's SmitFraud and SpyAxe removal tool -- SmitRem.exe
    http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click counter/click.php?id=1

    Part 2
    -----------

    Download SmitFraud.exe from the URL --
    http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/SmitFraud.exe

    Execute; SmitFraud.exe { Note: You must accept the default of C:\McAfee }
    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files.

    Execute; c:\mcafee\clean.bat
    { or Double-click on 'Clean Link' in c:\mcafee }

    A final report in HTML format called C:\mcafee\ScanReport.HTML will be generated. At the
    end of the scan, it will be displayed in your browser (Opera, FireFox or Internet Explorer).
    It is suggested that you move the report out of c:\mcafee before performing another scan.

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Dec 15, 2005

  3. David,