Male BNC to PC?

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

Having some problems with some video equipment and thought this is the best place to start. I've got some equipment I need to run autonomously (incase it blows up), and so have placed a video camera in the room so I can view it running while outside and out of danger. The camera has a male BNC connection which I can connect to a small monitor I have. Fortunately the equipment is now running correctly so I would like to capture some of the images from the camera. Is there any way that I can connect the video output to a PC and record it?

bnc.gif

The top image is the male connector from the video camera and the lower image is the cable to the monitor.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dan

Reaction score
djjones69 said:
I've got some equipment I need to run autonomously (incase it blows up), and so have placed a video camera in the room so I can view it running while outside and out of danger.
Why is this kit going to blow up?:confused:

Reaction score
haha,

its an axial compressor.....i'm a Phd student designing some new blades and if one breaks at 10000rpm I don't particularly want to be in the same room!

Reaction score
djjones69 said:
haha,

its an axial compressor.....i'm a Phd student designing some new blades and if one breaks at 10000rpm I don't particularly want to be in the same room!
:eek: Now i understand.
You would need to have a card with a BNC connector on such as a Graphics Card.
Ian may be able to help you more on this.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I could help with the aerodynamics but I don't know much about video connectors ;) My first guess would be to go for a BNC > Phono/SVideo adapter that you could connect to a cheap TV PCI/USB device for the PC. The TV Card software should let you record it :thumb:

You'd have to check it out, but I assume something like this would let it connect to most existing TV cards out there:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1047&doy=13m2&C=SO&U=strat15

You can get SVideo adapters too if the TV card uses that as an input instead.

Reaction score
cheers Ian,

I'll have a look into it.

P.s Any idea how to prevent rotating tip stalls in axial compressors?

Dan

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To capture footage from the video camera you are going to need a capture device and some software to go with it.

Most TV cards will supply both. The video input is usually via a phono/rca socket so you'd need an adaptor - female BNC to phono plug or a lead, male BNC to phono plug.

You can also buy dedicated capture cards and devices, usually supplied with software, such as Pinnacle Studio's Dazzle device.

Ask a Question