Making my first PC

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I'm making my own pc for the first time, with my previous PC being a Asus ROG g20aj with the 970, and I am wondering if this pc build is fine or if there is anything that can be improved or lower cost etc.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YM8Wpb

Thanks

Yeah I would go for one of these at £104,

Samsung PM961 Polaris 256GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe High Performance SSD

Or one of these at £117,

Samsung 250GB 960 Evo M.2 SSD

The cpu cooler you have looks darn good but I would go for a Notua-NH-D15S as I have a D15 and it is super silent.

Also I would go for slightly faster ram.

An do you really need a 1080, do you have a screen that needs that power or are you future proofing for VR. If not then get a top grade 1070 and save some loot.

Otherwise a fine build.

Oh an I would not bother spending £137 non a case. Get an old wooden wine case and make up your own, would only cost about £20 and that would be for the paint or varnish.
breakfast.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats a good looking spec.

I'd also grab an M.2 drive of some kind.
That coolers fine, the Be Quiet stuff is very good. I'm actually thinking of ditching my H80i for a Dark Rock Pro as I type due to the noise of the H80i.

I very much doubt the RAM speeds will make a noticeable difference tbh Ab.

What res are you gaming at? If its 1440p and up then yeah, 1080 is good, if you're at 1080p then a 1070 will suffice. But a 1080 would give you some headroom for future titles.

I don't like the case myself, but that is very much personal preference. If it were me and I were building it today I'd go with the Corsair 400C or the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. In fact as I'm a bit unhappy with the volume of my PC at the moment I may well be buying one or the other soon! ;)

Ask a Question