making files available offline

steve

I'm running Windows XP Professional and I am unable to
make my files syncronize. The errors I get for every file
are "Unable to make <filename> available offline on
<servername>. Access is denied." The server is running
2003. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

steve said:
I'm running Windows XP Professional and I am unable to
make my files syncronize. The errors I get for every file
are "Unable to make <filename> available offline on
<servername>. Access is denied." The server is running
2003. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Hi

You could have a rights/ownership problem on the target path (or it could be
something else). Have you looked in the event log to see if it is reporting
anything?

"Troubleshooting Files and Folders Management" here:
Managing Files and Folders
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prde_ffs_rljk.asp

User Data Management Issues (menu to the left)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/distrib/dsef_tbs_voef.asp

See "Folder Redirection Tips and Tricks" here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/columns/tips/inttips.asp

HOW TO: Dynamically Create Secure Redirected Folders By Using Folder
Redirections
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;274443

Configuring Roaming User Profiles and Folder Redirection
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5566e.asp

Subject: folder redirection ?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=45e9447ab256043a