Major problem with wireless USB Network Adapter

Reaction score
I have a Belkin 54mbps one, installed it PC froze and thats it. It won't work. Keeps freezing whenever I put in USB. Have to restart pc all the time. Worse still, the software wont uninstall from my PC.

It keeps saying

The install engine (ikernel.exe) could not be launched. The system cant find the specified file.

Whats gonig on?

Only thing I can think of, when i tried to install this wireless internet (to connect to different interenet from another room), I had my Virgin BB still on. I tried to switch virign BB off but still wont unimstall.

What files corrupted.

I have win xp pro.

Reaction score
Belikin

I also have a belkin. On the back of the unit there's a little reset button. It's only tiny, have you tried this?
:nod: Zzzzz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try installing the software over the top, and then try to install - sometimes that works :)

Reaction score
As Niv has said contact Belkin Tech Support, I would contact them through there online chat service they are pretty good and if the steps they talk you through don't work then they will setup the return for the product. Have you tried removing the belkin software in safe mode?

Reaction score
it wont boot into safe mode, it wont even boot to CD/DVD rom. I dont know what to do. I set boot device to cd/dvd rom it wont even do that.

it just keeps trying to boot to windows and message:

Isass.exe - An invalid paramter was passed to a service or function.

When I press ok, it just keeps restarting

Reaction score
gtz101 said:
it wont boot into safe mode, it wont even boot to CD/DVD rom. I dont know what to do. I set boot device to cd/dvd rom it wont even do that.

it just keeps trying to boot to windows and message:

Isass.exe - An invalid paramter was passed to a service or function.

When I press ok, it just keeps restarting

Isass.exe sounds like a backdoor virus to me.....only joking man....did you try googling It??
nod.gif
Zzzzz
Try here http://www.file.net/process/isass.exe.html

Last edited:

Ask a Question