Macafee

bmcp

Hi, My Dell PC seems to have got itself screwed up. I had Mcafee Firewall
and Viruscan installed. I recently purchased Mcafee Internet Security 7.0.
When I installed 7.0 the install programme said looking for previuos
versions of mcafee and uninstalling before IS7.0 is loaded. Well, 7.0 loaded
but had a few problems so uninstalled it. In Add/Remove programmes I have an
entry "Mcafee Security Centre" but when I attempt to uninstall it I get a
message "Inorder to uninstall Mcafee Security Centre, you need to uninstall
all Mcafee services first". I have uninstalled all other entries for
Macafee. I downloaded "Windows Install Clean up" but that doesnt list any
Mcafee entries. If I look in C:/Windows/Program Files, I have directories
for Mcafee, Mcafee Viruscan 7.02 retail and Mcafee.com. Can you give me some
idea how I get rid of these remnants.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Brian McPherson

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Other than manually deleting what you find, you will need to contact McAfee for a solution on
how to clean their software off your system.

HTH,
Gary

'--'From: "bmcp" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Macafee
'--'Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:17:25 -0000
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.