Mac OS X

Nate

Does anyone think that it is fishy that everything microsoft incorporated
into vista is from Mac OS X? I personally dont want Mac Hand-me-downs any
longer...

It is my opinion that everything Microsoft(other than xbox) is coming out
with is a way to have it look "prettier" but useless. Most of my friends and
I plan on sticking with XP until something comes out that is actually
decent.

Chad Harris

Nate ya know you may be on to somepin--

Have ya ever seen Bill Gates and Steve Jobs in the same room at the same
time?

Cause they could be the same guy. We'll have to investigate this. But if
they are why does Windows have 96.7% of the boxes?

That's "conspiracy theory city" to me.

Maybe they are a part of the talk radio bigitocracy that says the Iraq war
is going splendidly at $2 billion per week and 3000 dead per month on our
side.

How come that Green Zone is 100 acres? How come MSNBC has a rule that for
every anti-war talking head there has to be two Right Wing blind zealots and
Eason Jordan at CNN went to the Pentagon to get approval for his so-called
expert generals who now are looking stupider and more stupider by the
minute.

Stay the Course!!! Stay the Course!!!!---DRAFT in US--oh no we don't want
that. Let's get out. No draft for our babies.

Have ya read it? Well get movin' it'll help you with yo Vistah the OS that
is really Beta 1 that's RTMing with its RC1 hardly touched in 24 days. T-24
for ole Vista--one of the most underwhelming pieces of software from
Redmond.

Keep drinking the cool aid all you apathetics. Life is great in the US. The
intelligence was actually dead on. They told them all no WMD but they lie
and tell you they didn't.

http://www.takeonthemedia.org/

http://www.jeffcohen.org/

http://www.booktv.org/General/index.asp?segID=7477&schedID=452

Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone (Hardcover)
http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Life-Emerald-City-Inside/dp/1400044871

The Greatest Story Ever Sold: The Decline and Fall of Truth from 9/11 to
Katrina (Hardcover)
http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Story-Ever-Sold-Decline/dp/159420098X

State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III (Hardcover)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743272234/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_tr/104-1694205-1204730

CH

State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III (Hardcover)

deebs

I dunno - I suppose there may be superficial similarities?

But right clicks in Mac OS = no go

Right click context menus - uh-huh under Mac OS

On the other hand user install dialogues are neater in Mac OS than in Vista.

I personally enthuse for the distinct flavours of each OS.

Rather than finding fault by comparison i find hidden excellence but i
guess that is just me?

Chad Harris

BTW Nate look over IE4--Jobs lifted that entirely from MSFT for Mac. But
they both stole handily from Xerox Park.

http://seems2shel.typepad.com/itseemstome/2005/08/close_encounter.html

"My book partner Robert Scoble has a great post about a chance encounter
with Steve Jobs in a San Francisco sushi restaurant. Jobs was
characteristically ungracious, and took the opportunity for the 30-second
encounter to take a shot at Microsoft, for allegedly steal Apple's stuff,
which of course was originally stolen from Xerox Park."

Aug 20, 2005
Close Encounters with Steve Jobs
"My book partner Robert Scoble has a great post about a chance encounter
with Steve Jobs in a San Francisco sushi restaurant. Jobs was
characteristically ungracious, and took the opportunity for the 30-second
encounter to take a shot at Microsoft, for allegedly steal Apple's stuff,
which of course was originally stolen from Xerox Park.

I had a similar encounter with a younger but equally ungracious Jobs in
1980, after he was keynote speaker for event sponsored by the long defunct
The Executive magazine. It was the first time I heard the "computers will
change the way we work, play and communicate speech," which was prophetic
and inspirational to me. Afterwards, I waited outside for him in a cold
December rain and when he left the building, I rushed up to him and told him
that his talk had inspired me, that I had gone through a period where I had
lost direction in life and that he had given it back to me. I wanted to
join Apple and sprreead the word of the promise of his computers to
humanity.

He stared at me for a second then asked me what I did for a living. I
stammered that I loved to write, and right now I was working for a PR agency
until I could find something meaningful. "My PR flack is Regis McKenna he
snapped more than a little impatiently. Go work for him."

In fact, that's exactly what I did. But I never really worked much on the
Apple Account. As it turned out, that was a good thing. And I learned
something about Jobs that seems to be true all these many years later. He's
much more appealing when he's standing in front of 500 people than he is
close up."

CH

Paula [Airhead Par Excellence] Zahn:

"Mr. Mcgovern--Doesn't Mr. Rumsfield deserve credit for letting you speak?
How long have you had this Vendetta?"

Mike

Nate said:
Does anyone think that it is fishy that everything microsoft incorporated
into vista is from Mac OS X? I personally dont want Mac Hand-me-downs
any longer...

Whereas Apple *never* steals anything from Microsoft, right? Fast User
Switching?

Mike

PowerUser