LZ32.DLL Problem

Mr. R

A few days ago, I bought a new sound (Turtle Beach Riviera) card and with
it, came a number of audio programs. I loaded them, but one of them
wouldn't install. No big deal I thought. I then went to download an
install the highly rated media player, Musicmatch. It downloaded fine, but
when the install was almost completed, I got the following error message:

THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE LZ32.DLL WAS NOT FOUND.
RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THE PROBLEM.

lz32.dll is there, in both places (c:\WINNT\SYSTEM and c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32).

I then tried running Norton Utilities Win Doctor, but after scanning all my
files, it just hung when it came to the part where it comes up with
solutions.

Most of my programs run fine still. So far, I've just detected a problem
with running Norton Win Doctor, and installing Musicmatch. I've scanned for
viruses and I've swept for spyware. All my Windows Updates are fine, being
that I scan for updates once a week. Nothing changed.

I'd really appreciate some feedback please.

Carsyn Gu [MSFT]

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

In your case you've indicated that when you try to open some programs, you
get an
error message that says "The application has failed to start because
LZ32.dll is
not found". You also tried reinstalling the programs, but the problem
persisted.

Based on my experience and research, this issue is caused by a damaged
lz32.dll
file or the loss of the lz32.dll file. Some programs need the file to run.
resolve it, you may follow the steps below to expand a file from the
Windows XP
Home CD:

1. Click Start, and click Run.
2. Type "MsConfig" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. Click Expand File.
4. On the File to restore text box, type "lz32.dll" (without the quotation
marks).
5. On the Restore from text box, specify the position of the Windows XP
Home CD.
6. On the Save files in text box, browse to "C:\windows\system32".
Note: I assume your system drive is C and your system folder is windows.
7. Click Expand.
8. Restart your computer.
9. Check whether the issue disappears.

Please let me know the result at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

If anything is unclear, feel free to let me know. I am glad to be of
assistance.

I look forward to your reply and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Carsyn Gu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: "Mr. R" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| Subject: LZ32.DLL Problem
| Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:45:33 -0500
|
| A few days ago, I bought a new sound (Turtle Beach Riviera) card and with
| it, came a number of audio programs. I loaded them, but one of them
| wouldn't install. No big deal I thought. I then went to download an
| install the highly rated media player, Musicmatch. It downloaded fine,
but
| when the install was almost completed, I got the following error message:
|
| THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE LZ32.DLL WAS NOT FOUND.
| RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THE PROBLEM.
|
| lz32.dll is there, in both places (c:\WINNT\SYSTEM and c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32).
|
| I then tried running Norton Utilities Win Doctor, but after scanning all
my
| files, it just hung when it came to the part where it comes up with
| solutions.
|
| Most of my programs run fine still. So far, I've just detected a problem
| with running Norton Win Doctor, and installing Musicmatch. I've scanned
for
| viruses and I've swept for spyware. All my Windows Updates are fine,
being
| that I scan for updates once a week. Nothing changed.
|
| I'd really appreciate some feedback please.

Mr. R

Thank you for your suggestion, but it didn't work. I tried it three times
and each time, I was prompted to re-boot after each try. The same problem
exists.

I have another PC with an identical setup and when I right-click on
LZ32.DLL, I can instantly access the file's properties. When I do the same
on the PC with the problem, it takes about 30 second after right-clicking
just for the little menu to appear. This certainly appears to indicate that
there is a problem with that file.

Of course, I have tried just copying that file from one machine to the
other, but when I try to paste LZ32.DLL into the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
directory, I just get a Cyclic Redundancy Check error message. Is there any
way to copy this file between the two machines?

Carsyn Gu [MSFT]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try to copy the file directly from the Windows Setup CD, under the
i386 folder. Let me know if it works now. If it doesn't work, please paste
me the exact error message.

Thanks for your cooperation.

> [...]

| > 5. On the Restore from text box, specify the position of the Windows XP
| > Home CD.
| > 6. On the Save files in text box, browse to "C:\windows\system32".
| > Note: I assume your system drive is C and your system folder is windows.
| > 7. Click Expand.
| > 8. Restart your computer.
| > 9. Check whether the issue disappears.
| >

| > Please let me know the result at your earliest convenience. Thanks!
| >
| > If anything is unclear, feel free to let me know. I am glad to be of
| > assistance.
| >
| > I look forward to your reply and have a nice day!
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Carsyn Gu
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!

peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!fe11.lga.POSTED!53ab
| > 2750!not-for-mail
| > |
| > | A few days ago, I bought a new sound (Turtle Beach Riviera) card and
| > with
| > | it, came a number of audio programs. I loaded them, but one of them
| > | wouldn't install. No big deal I thought. I then went to download an
| > | install the highly rated media player, Musicmatch. It downloaded
fine,
| > but
| > | when the install was almost completed, I got the following error
| > message:
| > |
| > | THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE LZ32.DLL WAS NOT FOUND.
| > | RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THE PROBLEM.
| > |
| > | lz32.dll is there, in both places (c:\WINNT\SYSTEM and
| > c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32).
| > |
| > | I then tried running Norton Utilities Win Doctor, but after scanning
all
| > my
| > | files, it just hung when it came to the part where it comes up with
| > | solutions.
| > |
| > | Most of my programs run fine still. So far, I've just detected a
| > problem
| > | with running Norton Win Doctor, and installing Musicmatch. I've
scanned
| > for
| > | viruses and I've swept for spyware. All my Windows Updates are fine,
| > being
| > | that I scan for updates once a week. Nothing changed.
| > |
| > | I'd really appreciate some feedback please.
| > |
| > |
| > |

Mr. R

FIXED. Thanks.

Carsyn Gu said:
> [...]

| > I look forward to your reply and have a nice day!
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Carsyn Gu
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| > from your issue.
| > =====================================================

| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Mr. R" <[email protected]>
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| > | Subject: LZ32.DLL Problem
| > | Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:45:33 -0500

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!

peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!fe11.lga.POSTED!53ab
| > |
| > | A few days ago, I bought a new sound (Turtle Beach Riviera) card and
| > with
| > | it, came a number of audio programs. I loaded them, but one of them
| > | wouldn't install. No big deal I thought. I then went to download
an
| > | install the highly rated media player, Musicmatch. It downloaded
fine,
| > but
| > | when the install was almost completed, I got the following error
| > message:
| > |
| > | THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE LZ32.DLL WAS NOT FOUND.
| > | RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THE PROBLEM.
| > |
| > | lz32.dll is there, in both places (c:\WINNT\SYSTEM and
| > c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32).
| > |
| > | I then tried running Norton Utilities Win Doctor, but after scanning
all
| > my
| > | files, it just hung when it came to the part where it comes up with
| > | solutions.
| > |
| > | Most of my programs run fine still. So far, I've just detected a
| > problem
| > | with running Norton Win Doctor, and installing Musicmatch. I've
scanned
| > for
| > | viruses and I've swept for spyware. All my Windows Updates are
fine,
| > being
| > | that I scan for updates once a week. Nothing changed.
| > |
| > | I'd really appreciate some feedback please.
| > |
| > |
| > |

Carsyn Gu [MSFT]

Hi,

Appreciate your update and response. I am glad to hear that the problem has
been fixed. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not
hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Carsyn Gu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: "Mr. R" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| Subject: Re: LZ32.DLL Problem
| Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:33:37 -0500
|
| FIXED. Thanks.
|
| | > Hi,
| >
| > Thanks for your reply.
| >
| > Please try to copy the file directly from the Windows Setup CD, under
the
| > i386 folder. Let me know if it works now. If it doesn't work, please
paste
| > me the exact error message.
| >
| > Thanks for your cooperation.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Carsyn Gu
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| > from your issue.
| > =====================================================

| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Mr. R" <[email protected]>
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| > | Subject: Re: LZ32.DLL Problem
| > | Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:02:52 -0500

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!

peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!fe11.lga.POSTED!53ab
| > 2750!not-for-mail
| > |
| > | Thank you for your suggestion, but it didn't work. I tried it three
| > times
| > | and each time, I was prompted to re-boot after each try. The same
| > problem
| > | exists.
| > |
| > | I have another PC with an identical setup and when I right-click on
| > | LZ32.DLL, I can instantly access the file's properties. When I do the
| > same
| > | on the PC with the problem, it takes about 30 second after
| > right-clicking
| > | just for the little menu to appear. This certainly appears to
indicate
| > that
| > | there is a problem with that file.
| > |
| > | Of course, I have tried just copying that file from one machine to the
| > | other, but when I try to paste LZ32.DLL into the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
| > | directory, I just get a Cyclic Redundancy Check error message. Is
there
| > any
| > | way to copy this file between the two machines?
| > |

| > you

| > run.

| > quotation
Windows
| > XP
| > windows.

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!

peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!fe11.lga.POSTED!53ab
| > | > |
| > an
| > fine,
| > | > |
FOUND.
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > all
| > | > |
| > scanned
| > fine,
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |
| > |

Carsyn Gu [MSFT]

Hi,

Appreciate your update and response. I am glad to hear that the problem has
been fixed. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not
hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Carsyn Gu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

| From: "Mr. R" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| Subject: Re: LZ32.DLL Problem
| Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:33:37 -0500
|
| FIXED. Thanks.
|
| | > Hi,
| >
| > Thanks for your reply.
| >
| > Please try to copy the file directly from the Windows Setup CD, under
the
| > i386 folder. Let me know if it works now. If it doesn't work, please
paste
| > me the exact error message.
| >
| > Thanks for your cooperation.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| > Carsyn Gu
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
| > from your issue.
| > =====================================================

| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Mr. R" <[email protected]>
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| > | Subject: Re: LZ32.DLL Problem
| > | Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:02:52 -0500

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!

peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!fe11.lga.POSTED!53ab
| > 2750!not-for-mail
| > |
| > | Thank you for your suggestion, but it didn't work. I tried it three
| > times
| > | and each time, I was prompted to re-boot after each try. The same
| > problem
| > | exists.
| > |
| > | I have another PC with an identical setup and when I right-click on
| > | LZ32.DLL, I can instantly access the file's properties. When I do the
| > same
| > | on the PC with the problem, it takes about 30 second after
| > right-clicking
| > | just for the little menu to appear. This certainly appears to
indicate
| > that
| > | there is a problem with that file.
| > |
| > | Of course, I have tried just copying that file from one machine to the
| > | other, but when I try to paste LZ32.DLL into the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
| > | directory, I just get a Cyclic Redundancy Check error message. Is
there
| > any
| > | way to copy this file between the two machines?
| > |

| > you

| > run.

| > quotation
Windows
| > XP
| > windows.

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!

peer01.cox.net!cox.net!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!hw-poster!fe11.lga.POSTED!53ab
| > | > |
| > an
| > fine,
| > | > |