low hard disk space

G

for the past couple months i've gotten a low disk space error on my hard drive. i ignored it for awhile, but lately started looking into it. the disk cleanup doesn't work, it just freezes. i've tried to defrag it, but i don't have enough space for it to work well. i've gone from 200mb left to 180mb to 60mb and then it'll tell me i fixed the problem and i have 190mb. right now i only 50mb left and i know there is no way possible i've used that much space. i've deleted alot of things too and that seems to either have no affect or work for a short time before my hard drive space decreases again. i tried a system restore when i had enough space before, but that didn't work and i don't have enough space to try it again. however, my computer isn't running any slower than normal. the only thing i actually see being affected is when i use photoshop and it says there isn't enough memory. and it has restarted on it's own twice in the past week. i really don't know what the problem is or what else to try. i'm just worried it's going to sink even lower, even though it's already gotten to only 4mb left and then back up again.

Ask a Question