Lounge Area?

Reaction score
Ian, anychance of a sought of Lounge Area say where forum memembers can chat to each other whilst online? But have it limited to Crunchers or those with say 100 posts so that spammers did not use it or it get abused?

Just an idea & i can see the good and bad reasons to have it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean like a forum category more casual than the off-topic section? Or even like a live chat box? TC also mentioned a chat/shoutbox area and I'm going to be taking a look at it in the coming week.

Reaction score
Yep, a sought of area that members can chat in or ask a question in a "live" area.
I think TC's idea is roughly the same as mine.

It was just a thought, i use a site for work that does this and it's easy to ask a question or seek help than it is to post a Q&A or PM/Email a person.

Hope that makes sense?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I think I know what you mean :)

The downside of a chat module is that there is no thread created for other people to join in that aren't online at the same time, so it could really slow down the forums side of the site, that would be my concern (as well as the potential serverload). That said, if it was restricted to regular members or just used for chit-chat, then it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Meh Teamspeak is so last year! :p

Mumble is king. :D

I do have one if anyone need s to use it. :)

Ask a Question