Lost wordpad

G

I lost the ability to use wordpad with xp pro. It is on my computer in C:\programfiles\windowsNT but will not show up in my start/programs/accessories. All my wordpad docs just say DOC and ask to associate a folder option with it but I don't have the wordpad option in programs. It could be a registry problem as I have used registry cleaning programs but I restored my system to the oldest restore point I had and that didn't help. Do I have to totally reinstall xp to get this to work? Thanks

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select New > Shortcut.
2. In the create shortcut box type:

"C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe"

3. Click Next and type in: WordPad , and click Finish.
4. A shortcut to WordPad will appaear on your Desktop.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I lost the ability to use wordpad with xp pro. It is on my computer in C:\programfiles\windowsNT but will not
show up in my start/programs/accessories. All my wordpad docs just say DOC and ask to associate a folder
option with it but I don't have the wordpad option in programs. It could be a registry problem as I have used
registry cleaning programs but I restored my system to the oldest restore point I had and that didn't help. Do
I have to totally reinstall xp to get this to work? Thanks

G

Thanks Carey, I did what you said and have wordpad on my deaktop. When I try and create a new wordpad file or open an existing one with it I get the message"not a valid win 32 application". Any thoughts? Dean

Ask a Question