Lost my new phone

Reaction score
There is however a way to pinpoint the phones location, which the network will be able to tell you.

They can tell you basically where the phone was before it was turned off, nothing else, so it could still be useful.

As all network providers can locate where each individual mobile phone is by using triangulation or whatever it is, signal between three masts...

That way, you could be told if it was turned off in a Bus Depot and the like, or in some random housing estate which in that case would mean its nicked.

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS!

I went to the lost property and they did have it. They asked a few questions about it and asked me if i liked naked women, i wasnt sure why he was asking until, i said yes and he said he checked the photos on my phone to make sure it was mine;)

Im only joking, but i have my phone back which is a massive relief. Also my programming exam this morning was cancelled as the server went down :) so im not sure what marks we will get but they said they will compensate or something.

What a lucky day! :thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Nice one Stuart, glad you managed to get your phone back. :thumb:

I've been following the story, but must admit I didn't think you were going to be seeing it again!

Pleased I was wrong :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear it! :D Now that is some good luck!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You lucky son of a ........!! :eek:

'Someone must be looking down on you' as some would say! :)

No i aint religious.

Now, about the naked woman....... Joking :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I know a guy that left it in a taxi and he had a £350 bill the next day :eek:. The taxi driver had called his relatives on the other side of the world on the guys phone!

damn
so Admin
what happened? who payed the phone bill then?

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
GOOD NEWS!

I went to the lost property and they did have it. They asked a few questions about it and asked me if i liked naked women, i wasnt sure why he was asking until, i said yes and he said he checked the photos on my phone to make sure it was mine;)

Im only joking, but i have my phone back which is a massive relief. Also my programming exam this morning was cancelled as the server went down :) so im not sure what marks we will get but they said they will compensate or something.

What a lucky day! :thumb:

great to hear! so there are some people out there in this world who are actually kind and caring!

think about how u felt when u lost it
now think about how u feel now that u got it back

great contrast!

congratulations! now I guess you should think about phone insurance if you can get it cheap id reccomend it!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
great to hear! so there are some people out there in this world who are actually kind and caring!

think about how u felt when u lost it
now think about how u feel now that u got it back

great contrast!

congratulations! now I guess you should think about phone insurance if you can get it cheap id reccomend it!

Well the driver looked after i phoned the bus company so i am lucky no one else found it before he did. I will have to look at insurance, any idea roughly how much it is?

Thanks for everyone's help.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good news Stuart :)

Insurance for an Orange contract phone is a fiver a month, if that's any help.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
Any idea for orange pay as you go?
Put it on your household insurance ... lot cheaper.

You do have house insurance, don't you? ;)

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
Any idea for orange pay as you go?

umm

i used to know this company doing it for £5.88

but i didnt think it mattered whether u are on pay as u go or contract
but im not so sure.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Put it on your household insurance ... lot cheaper.

You do have house insurance, don't you? ;)

Erm :blush: Im not sure, i will have to ask my parents lol

I thought it would be easier to sit here and ask, rather than phoning orange lol

Im lazy i know, although less than i use to be ;)

Ask a Question