lost complete control of pc

Reaction score
no access to control panel, task manager, and almost every program

can not run ad-aware, spyhunter, norton, mcafee, avg, spybot. i quit trying after none of those will even run in normal or safe modes. I have lost complete admin control, and even when i add a new user and give complete control to that user within 10-15 seconds of logging on in either normal or safe mode, admin rights get taken away.

if i could get hi-jack to run i would post a log, but i can't!

i see a icon in the taskbar for 'winantirvirus' but of course i can't do anything about it because none of my ad-ware/anti virus programs work.

any ideas what bug i got, and what could be done? I am posting this thread from my lap-top so i can work on the pc which i have on but disconnected from the i-net for now.

Thank you in advance for any help!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If it's that bad ... Format, reinstall ... sorry. :(

:user:

Reaction score
that's what i was afraid of, so i guess no one else has gotten this? i have seen post's about losing control panel, and post about some of the icons i get in the taskbar, but nothing about a bug that takes away admin rights causing a loss of control over the machine. i just want to make sure when i re-format that the problem is not something a little deeper in the machine before i wipe out years of stuff!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You could try "hanging" the hard drive off another PC ... OK for someone like me that can use a second PC and have it sacrificed if the little nasties infect it also. Not so easy for the average home user.

You could also try out a Linux "LiveCD" to save your data, again, not easy but will at least should allow you to get your data saved.

Good Luck!

:user:

Ask a Question