Looking for Midi Software

Swans4me

I am looing for a very simple program that will generate some small melodic
midi files for background in stationery or web pages.

3

/3iff //ullinz

if it says 'babya' its buttfuglyware
if it says 'babya' its traumaware
if it says 'babya' its mysql_errorware
if it says 'babya' its noware
if it says 'babya' its guanoware
if it says 'babya' its terrorware
if it says 'babya' its alqaedaware
if it says 'babya' its gomerpyleware
if it says 'babya' its acersecomicware
if it says 'babya' its hayseedware
if it says 'babya' its zoophileware
if it says 'babya' its addlepatedware
if it says 'babya' its hebetudeware
if it says 'babya' its sewerware
if it says 'babya' its seilerware
if it says 'babya' its corlissware
if it says 'babya' its fecalsludgeware
if it says 'babya' its ooslumware
if it says 'babya' its peanutsupthearseware
if it says 'babya' its pissartistware
if it says 'babya' its smegware
if it says 'babya' its pilchardware
if it says 'babya' its pissypantsware
if it says 'babya' its foadware
if it says 'babya' its terroristware
if it says 'babya' its polished-turdware
if it says 'babya' its ignorantware
if it says 'babya' its imgonnatellmommyware
if it says 'babya' its crybabyware
if it says 'babya' its anythingbutusableware
if it says 'babya' its hayseedware
if it says 'babya' its incestware
if it says 'babya' its suicideware
if it says 'babya' its fecalware
if it says 'babya' its goofnutware
if it says 'babya' its pantylinerware
if it says 'babya' its snotware
if it says 'babya' its hurlware
if it says 'babya' its foolware
if it says 'babya' its skankware
if it says 'babya' its unacceptableware
if it says 'babya' its teepeeforyourbungholeware
if it says 'babya' its trollware
if it says 'babya' its testicleware
if it says 'babya' its chumpware
if it says 'babya' its (soiled) underware
if it says 'babya' its fartknockerware
if it says 'babya' its tardware
if it says 'babya' its syrup-of-ipecac-ware
if it says 'babya' its fartknockerware
if it says 'babya' its poo(ware)
if it says 'babya' its adiposeware
if it says 'babya' its spamware
if it says 'babya' its trash
if it says 'babya' its rotgut
if it says 'babya' its queefware
if it says 'babya' its ignorantfuxorware
if it says 'babya' its diaperware
if it says 'babya' its fungusware
if it says 'babya' its teatware
if it says 'babya' its garbage
if it says 'babya' its pottyware
if it says 'babya' it must be garbage
if it says 'babya' it means CRAPware
if it says 'babya' it is the spawn of a dunderheaded dolt
if it says 'babya' it means VOMITware
if it says 'babya' it means hersheysquirtware
if it says 'babya' it means 'keep it off of your computer'
if it says 'babya' keep it off your system
if it says 'babya' you're better off dead
if it says 'babya' avoid it like the plague
__
the official "tweety" john corliss faq:
http://johncorliss.redorb.co.uk
http://johncorliss.l0l.us

joesilver

/3iff //ullinz said:
On 29 Mar 2005 22:22:43 -0800, "aafuss"

if it says 'babya' [then I don't like it.]

Why do you feel this way? I'm not challenging you, you understand; I
simply want to be enlightened, as I am unfamiliar with this "babya"
entity to which you refer. Thanks.

Dewey Edwards

/3iff //ullinz said:
On 29 Mar 2005 22:22:43 -0800, "aafuss"

if it says 'babya' [then I don't like it.]

Why do you feel this way? I'm not challenging you, you understand; I
simply want to be enlightened, as I am unfamiliar with this "babya"
entity to which you refer. Thanks.

Want enlightement? You're feeding a troll.

joesilver

Dewey said:
On 30 Mar 2005 07:27:27 -0800, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

Want enlightement? You're feeding a troll.

I suspected as much, but thought that since two posters expressed a
similar sentiment, I'd like to know the reasons (if any) behind it.

El Gee

(e-mail address removed) wrote in
I suspected as much, but thought that since two posters expressed a
similar sentiment, I'd like to know the reasons (if any) behind it.

I will not go as far to bait or complain in outspoken way, but The one
b-ware product I tried left a lot to be desired. The main good point
was that it uninstalled very cleanly. It was a graphics tool Poor
interface, but it did the job. It was nowhere in the league of
Photofiltre, GIMP, Pixia or Satori.

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
El Gee <><

Remove yourhat to reply
Home Page - www.mistergeek.com
Blog - mcwtlg.blogspot.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Michael Laplante

Why do you feel this way? I'm not challenging you, you understand; I
simply want to be enlightened, as I am unfamiliar with this "babya"
entity to which you refer. Thanks.

More likely a case of duelling trolls. aafussy is supposedly an australian
kid who churns out his self-named babya software. I've not tried any of it
but from reviews I've read of it, it's either doesn't work at all, or is
amazingly poorly designed and implemented. (BTW, Google for some of these
reviews. Some are howlingly funny. . .)

If you've been here awhile, you'd see that aa sometimes will blitz the group
to promote his software, or asking people here to review it. However, even
when told to ease off, or that his software is shite, aa's responses are. .
.. well, odd. He nevers responds to them directly, but instead gives these
oblique replies, often in a sort of mangled syntax. His responses are
remiscent of those you see with AI programs where the program is struggling
with new concepts and the complexities of language.

In response, a group of aafussy-baiters -- largely the same group that bait
Corliss -- have arisen. Unlike Corliss though, aa rarely fights back.
Instead, he'll reply with one of his Zen-like requests for feedback like
their rants haven't even registered with him. Personally, I think it would
be a hoot if he was an AI program and that these anti-troll trolls were
wasting heartbeats fighting with him. Perhaps aa is Corliss' revenge. . .

Now you're up to speed.

Michael Laplante

[...]

mike ring

"Michael Laplante"
Personally, I think it would be a hoot if he was an AI program and
that these anti-troll trolls were wasting heartbeats fighting with
him. Perhaps aa is Corliss' revenge. . .

Now you're up to speed.

I love it!!

But I'll still lose biff's new identity with a keystroke.

mike

joesilver

Michael said:
Now you're up to speed.

Thanks, but this is way more than I wanted to know! I come here
primarily to learn about software, not to be drawn into psychodramas.

Michael Laplante

Michael Laplante wrote:
Thanks, but this is way more than I wanted to know! I come here
primarily to learn about software, not to be drawn into psychodramas.

Don't be so quick. aa and some of the imaginative responses to him can be
hilarious. I've laughed myself silly to the point of tears reading some of
the threads.

However, if that's not for you, set your killfile phasers. . .

martin jones

But the question has still not been answered.

Is there any midi creation freeware??

yes? no?
Feel free to send any URL's to my PC at

(e-mail address removed)

Michael Laplante

martin jones said:
But the question has still not been answered.

Is there any midi creation freeware??

Yes, but I'm damned if I can remember its name. It generated random MIDI
music to be used as "ambient" background noise while working at the
computer. I believe it was called something like MIDI SOUNDSCAPE GENERATOR
but no amount of googling omp can turn it up. It's been mentioned here a
long time ago though. Maybe somebody with a good memory?

ellis_jay

martin said:
But the question has still not been answered.

Is there any midi creation freeware??

yes? no?
Feel free to send any URL's to my PC at

(e-mail address removed)

Got munge?

lol

--
He released government from the restraint of law.
____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

Ellis_Jay

Susan Bugher

martin said:
But the question has still not been answered.
Is there any midi creation freeware??

Program: AmazingMIDI
Author: arakisoftware
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~araki/amazingmidi/

"AmazingMIDI automatically transcribes music, converting WAV files into
MIDI files. It can recognize single-instrument polyphonic music. It's a
powerful tool to help you to transcribe music, to practice musical
instruments and to make MIDI files, and so on."

Program: Anvil Studio
Author: Willow Software
Ware: (Liteware)
http://www.anvilstudio.com

"With the free version, you can create an unlimited number of MIDI
tracks, and a one-minute audio track. "

Program: Automated Composing System (v 1.0.0.1)
Author: Tetsuji Katsuda
W: LFW
Ware: v 1.0.0.1
http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

"Automated Composing System is a clever program that composes music
based on your guidelines and saves it as a MIDI file."

Program: JAZZ++
Author: Andreas Voss; Per Sigmond
Ware: (Freeware) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://www.jazzware.com/

"JAZZ++ is a full featured, audio capable midi sequencer for Linux and
Windows. JAZZ++ offers a lot of functions normally only found in
expensive sequencer software, and is used by professionals and hobby
musicians all over the world."

Program: MIDIoz ARP Lite
Author: MIDIoz Software
http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

Program: ProTools
http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/

"Get Pro Tools FREE and experience the power and flexibility of Pro
Tools. Using your computer's built-in sound capability, Pro Tools FREE
offers up to 8 tracks of audio and 48 tracks of MIDI, real-time
plug-ins, and many of the same editing and mixing features the pros use."

Program: Quartz AudioMaster (audio mixer)
Author: Digital Sound Planet S.A.
http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/SoftwareHouse/Products/Audio_Master/Freeware/freeware.html

"Easily record audio, in perfect sync with Midi, with any instrument or
microphone or assemble already existing audio materials or music loops.
Easily record Midi, as well, using a Midi keyboard or your computer
keyboard and even if you are not a professional musician "

Program: Bome's Mouse Keyboard
Author: (Florian Boemers)
http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/

Program: TinyPiano
Author: Tacc 2000
Install: n.i.
http://www.geocities.com/tacc21j/tpiano.zip

Program: Virtual Piano
Author: (Pablo van der Meer)
http://www.pablovandermeer.nl

Program: Aldo's Pianito
Author: (Aldo Vargas)
Install: n.i.
W: LFW
Ware: v. 2.3 (2.03)
http://exp.tukids.tucows.com/win95nt/9-12/preview/31435.html

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_search?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware

Frank Bohan

Michael Laplante said:
Yes, but I'm damned if I can remember its name. It generated random MIDI
music to be used as "ambient" background noise while working at the
computer. I believe it was called something like MIDI SOUNDSCAPE GENERATOR
but no amount of googling omp can turn it up. It's been mentioned here a
long time ago though. Maybe somebody with a good memory?

I think the program you have in mind is Midi Soundscape, a small program
(87KB) which generates random midi sounds. The URL in the program is
http://www.faze.com/mss but gets a 404. The filename (there is only a single
file) is mss.exe but a search for this leads to other programs, one of which
is a malware screensaver called Matrix Screen Saver.

I have Midi Soundscape, so if anyone wants a copy email me at
(e-mail address removed) (remove the Xs).

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Pangram: Grumpy wizards make toxic brew for the evil Queen and Jack.

Michael Laplante

I think the program you have in mind is Midi Soundscape, a small program
(87KB) which generates random midi sounds. The URL in the program is
http://www.faze.com/mss but gets a 404. The filename (there is only a single
file) is mss.exe but a search for this leads to other programs, one of which
is a malware screensaver called Matrix Screen Saver.

That's the one! I recognize the URL. I may get that from you if I can't find
it myself. . .

Susan Bugher

Michael said:
That's the one! I recognize the URL. I may get that from you if I can't find
it myself. . .

Score another victory for The Wayback Machine. :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20020714102726/http://www.faze.com/mss/

http://web.archive.org/web/20020514113309/www.faze.com/mss/mss.exe

Susan
--