Looking for an MP3 player

roboducky

I have 5gb of mp3's on my hard drive. I have then in a folder called
mp3s. In that folder I have a folder for each artist. In each artist
folder is a folder for each album, which contains the actual songs.

I am looking for a mp3 player that will play directories and
subdirectories. I don't really want to change the way I have the songs
separated. Yet I would like to be able to shuffle *ALL* of the songs so
that they will play in a random order.

Brian Pipa

roboducky said:
I have 5gb of mp3's on my hard drive. I have then in a folder called
mp3s. In that folder I have a folder for each artist. In each artist
folder is a folder for each album, which contains the actual songs.

I am looking for a mp3 player that will play directories and
subdirectories. I don't really want to change the way I have the songs
separated. Yet I would like to be able to shuffle *ALL* of the songs so
that they will play in a random order.
Try QCD - http://www.quinnware.com . It's totally free and is GREAT!
There are a few essential plugins too (for me): TrayControls and HotKeys

brian

--
--------------------------
My freeware:

Stephen

roboducky said:
I have 5gb of mp3's on my hard drive. I have then in a folder called
mp3s. In that folder I have a folder for each artist. In each artist
folder is a folder for each album, which contains the actual songs.

I am looking for a mp3 player that will play directories and
subdirectories. I don't really want to change the way I have the songs
separated. Yet I would like to be able to shuffle *ALL* of the songs so
that they will play in a random order.

WinAmp. Not sure about earlier versions but in version 3.0 in the playlist
editor there's an add button where you can add a directory and it will
recurse into the sub-directories. I have my mp3s structured in much the same
way and this works for me.

Roger RamJet

WinAmp. Not sure about earlier versions but in version 3.0 in the playlist
editor there's an add button where you can add a directory and it will
recurse into the sub-directories. I have my mp3s structured in much the same
way and this works for me.

I can confirm that version 2.91 also has that function. I also store
my MP3s in the same manner.

Tone Marie Berg

I have 5gb of mp3's on my hard drive. I have then in a folder
called mp3s. In that folder I have a folder for each artist. In
each artist folder is a folder for each album, which contains the
actual songs.

A quite normal way to organize audio files, I believe. Mine are
certainly organized in a manner very similar to this.
I am looking for a mp3 player that will play directories and
subdirectories. I don't really want to change the way I have the
songs separated. Yet I would like to be able to shuffle *ALL* of
the songs so that they will play in a random order.

I thought most mp3 players did this? Still, this is an excellent
opportunity to make an ever-so-small plug for my favourite player,
Foobar 2000, and I shamelessly grab it. Have a looksee at
<URL:http://www.foobar2000.org/>, download, enjoy.

Tone

Paul the D

I have 5gb of mp3's on my hard drive. I have then in a folder called
mp3s. In that folder I have a folder for each artist. In each artist
folder is a folder for each album, which contains the actual songs.

I am looking for a mp3 player that will play directories and
subdirectories. I don't really want to change the way I have the songs
separated. Yet I would like to be able to shuffle *ALL* of the songs so
that they will play in a random order.

Have a look at this one
http://www.musicmatch.com/ I've been using it for sometime and its
pretty cool and will fit your needs.

Paul D, Worcestershire, UK
The Sunshine County

P3 700mHz
MS-6178
256MB RAM PC100
Maxtor 30Gb HDD
Samsung Combo SM-304B
Artec WRR-52Z
Delta 180w PSU
WIN ME

An 'OAP PC' - but still working!!!!

famm

roboducky said:
I am looking for a mp3 player that will play directories and
subdirectories. I don't really want to change the way I have the songs
separated. Yet I would like to be able to shuffle *ALL* of the songs so
that they will play in a random order.

i am sure Moderal Jukebox is what you want.
You can play all the music on ur harddisk with one click
and also one click play directories, play an album or all the albums
of your favorite artist.

To get more information, you may visit http://www.moderal.com

Semi Head

From: (e-mail address removed) (famm)
roboducky <[email protected]>
wrote in message

i am sure Moderal Jukebox is what you
want. You can play all the music on ur
harddisk with one click and also one
click play directories, play an album or
all the albums of your favorite artist.
To get more information, you may visit

http://www.moderal.com

'Moderal Jukebox' site states, in short,
`it is not free`..."it cost $10.00".

S_H