Looking for a new case fan

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
higher the CFM the more air it will move, generally the bigger the fan is the better as they usually rotate slowly and so produce less noise

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Consider This one.

There's also an 800rpm version if you want quieter.

Seriously the best fan I've ever purchased, I can say no more.

If you can live without flashy led's, go for that one. If you want bright lights, sorry, haven't got a clue.

Reaction score
ditto Noctua - I don' t even need to look on Flopps link I bet it is a Noctua.

Reaction score
Hi,

I went with the LED one in the end. I can't remeber if I have the label facing out of the back of the case or do I have the label facing into the case??

Can you let me know,

Thanks,

Wiz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
IMHO this is a far superior fan than the Antec.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-013-AR&tool=3

happywave.gif

Reaction score
On the edge of fans they usually have an Airflow indicator in the presence of two arrows telling you which way the flow is and the direction the fan spins

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
If you look at the fan and the blades are curved towards you then it going to blow air from you and send it out the back.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
If you look at the fan and the blades are curved towards you then it going to blow air from you and send it out the back.

Hi WF,

There is no Air coming out of the back of the fan, witch is a good thing because does this mean that it is taking the Air in and then shifting it around inside?

Thanks,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you look at the blades of any PC fan, just take a good look and think about it, it's kinda obvious which way it's pushing air.

Think of the blades as a 'scoop' and it may make it easier to grasp.

I'm actually going to order another of those Noctua fans, I have a 120mm Antec fan exhausting at the rear of my Sonata case and it's been getting noisy over the last few weeks which indicates the bearing's on the way out.

I disconnected it and the machine is almost silent. Unfortunately the CPU temp went from 35C to 47C so I must get a replacement.

Ask a Question