Long Shot - Caterpillar PL 1000E

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with Caterpillar engines around here? More specifically, the PL1000E Engine Interface Unit for Modbus.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately not :( - you never know, perhaps another reader has :).

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
By my logic, I believe the device is faulty. I make a TCP request for Modbus information and I get half the info. I poll 26 registers. I get values of 0 for the first 10 and data for the rest. I have redone the configuration on the device and know that to be correct.

Just trying to prove a theory.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
It basically says the same thing as the issue that I am having. I have already seen the alternate box http://www.monicoinc.com/ that is available for use. I will probably look at that as well.

I have been looking for a thread like this but have been unable to find it. I don't know why given the simple title of the thread, but meh, got it now. Thanks Me. +1 Internets to you, good sir.

I also have been waiting on the "technical communicator" at Caterpillar. With a title like that, the guy has to be busy as ish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I`ve no idea what on earth he is talking about. May I suggest he has a chat to a butterfly,after all it was once a caterpillar.........just a thought.
historian

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I`ve no idea what on earth he is talking about. May I suggest he has a chat to a butterfly,after all it was once a caterpillar.........just a thought.
historian

This is an engine data translation device.

On the plus side, I was able to get to some technical people today. It's fun to know that because of me, some guy is sitting in a warehouse with a diesel engine using my configurations to test. Verified my software setup while doing so and probably condemned his device to the wasteland.

Ask a Question