London Tornado

Reaction score

Attachments

• tornado.jpg
    tornado.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 542
Reaction score
It was predicted beforehand, only by around 30seconds to a minute before it began, due to the StormWatcher network in the UK.

Some people in the track before it happened noticed major mammatus and rotation as the storm passed through, then a few moments later, reports came in about the Tornado.

Reaction score
pretty spectacular i must say.

i saw some of on the news, maybe an indication of whats to come?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
woah, its been pretty windy where i am and had to drive round a fallen tree on the way home but i wasn't expecting to hear about a tornado :eek:

Reaction score
Rush said:
An extreme mammatus cloud

http://mirror.wrpn.net/weatherusa/clouds-mammatus-usafa-20040810.jpg

Cheers Chris, fascinating stuff, only want to see one though !!! its always appealed to me, glad no one was seriously hurt

wow thats so surreal.. just like the nebula images,amazing.

it was windy for a little bit down here, 2 or 3 gusts when i was out and about and a spit of rain, but nothing more.

hard to think that just a couple hours drive away was a tornado..

Reaction score
My brother lived in Whitmore gardens [Kensal rise] had he been still living there his house would have been without a roof or pine end I bet he`s glad he moved, have not spoken to him since 1974. Dont ask! dont ask! Ok he`s a lying pig of a man.:nod: I feel sorry for those living there.:(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The scenes on the TV news are unbelievable, it would be bad at any time of year, but particularly devastating for those affected right now (so close to Christmas) :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the folk afected . Birmingham last year , London this year . Glad I live in the north , we just get floods :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
scary!!! I didn't even know the UK got Tornadoes, let alone the most per square foot. Guess you learn something every day :eek:
I hope the hurt people are OK now, although the people with property damage are likely to take a long time to recover also. Really kills all the illusions of security & safety we like to hold onto. Scary stuff.

Ask a Question