Fastest recording for speeding

Reaction score
I will add that i'm not sure when this happened nor has it been confirmed!

Radar Device Picks Up NATO Fighter Jet

Whilst on duty two officers recorded a speed of 300MPH

It turned out that the police radar "gun" had locked on to a NATO tornado fighter jet, which had been engaged in low flying exercises over the North Sea. The local Chief Constable immediately complained to the RAF liaison officials and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete our file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched."

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
here's a link to the story. Is this a true story or not ? Most of these police radar/lazer gun things are only accurate upto about half a mile apparently. And again apparently aren't that accurate to speeds over 180mph. All sounds a bit fishy to me :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
All I am interested in is if the tornado Pilot was given a ticket for speeding or not? :D

Reaction score
What I wanna know is

Why where the police in a low flying zone training area?

or

Why was the plane flying low in a public area/highway?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
What I wanna know is

Why where the police in a low flying zone training area?

or

Why was the plane flying low in a public area/highway?

And why were Dutch Airforce so close to Scotland ?

Ask a Question