London on Wednesday!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just seen the news, and its going to be 37C on Wednesday in London apparently :eek:

I hope you've got some Desk fans or air-con at work :thumb: Who needs to go to spain with weather like this :)

Reaction score
I intend not to be working on Wednesday if i can!
Lots of paperwork to do at home, if i do have to work, me & the aircon are not going far!
And to think 5 friends of gone to Spain were it's colder
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Oh dear hope no ones air con packs up,oh that would be a shame:p
I'm heading to the hills for the day & hoping to work near the costal breeze:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Phew wot a scorcher :D

No air con here, just a couple of fans.

If you do have a fan, I know this may be stating the obvious, but clean it. I cleaned the front grill of a 13"/33cm fan yesterday evening and most importantly of all, a ridge/layer of fluff that had built up on the leading edge of each blade.

I couldn't believe the difference, it must be working at three times the efficiency it was now.

So there ya go, flops' summer tip :)

Right now it 26C inside my humble abode and 30C outside (that's 78F & 85F for anybody over the age of 96).

Reaction score
its goning to be a scorcher!

looks like the record from few years back will be broken!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Nice and hot here too in South London/Surrey - managed to get tomorrow and Wednesday off, so gonna wiz off down to the South Coast for a couple of days :cool:

Reaction score
I have a meeting to go to on Wednesday, but have told the person i'm seeing that i shall be the one in shorts, flip flops, t-shirt & large brimbed hat to keep cool under.;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
feckit said:
I have a meeting to go to on Wednesday, but have told the person i'm seeing that i shall be the one in shorts, flip flops, t-shirt & large brimbed hat to keep cool under.;)

You would be over dressed, suggest you go in your original birthday suit, that sure will keep you cooler
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
You would be over dressed, suggest you go in your original birthday suit, that sure will keep you cooler
laughingsmiley.gif
No the local council has a new dress code, seems if i show to much flesh i could get an ASBO:rolleyes: :eek:

Note:ASBO = Anti Social Behaviour Order (often given out to unruly yobs)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well for the next 2 days i'm going to be working with alot of fibre glass insulation. Its extremely itchy stuff, brings you out in rashes and is highly irratating.

Its bad enough working with it on a non hot day, but hot days like these make it unbareable :(.

Will have to wear paper suits and masks which stop the itching abit, but even on a cold day you get very hot and swetty in a paper suit, so its gonna be fun fun fun.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh i do pity you reefer i used to lay loft insulation about 20 years ago so i know what its like...Remember to keep topping up with water as you can lose over a litre of water an hour in one of those paper suits....You don't want to get dehydrated now do ya.....:nod:

That goes for everyone out there whether they be working manually or not, keep a bottle of water in the car just in case, and keep topping yourself up....remember to sip not gulp....:)

Reaction score
:eek: Going to rain on wednesday according to our forecast, which is a shame since i was going to get up early to watch the brothers cricket final.. guess i'll have to lie in again :rolleyes:
:D

Reaction score
Dont even TALK to me about the heat!! I was just down in York for an assessment centre and the heat was a killer. 22 people in a tiny room with the sun shining in the windows. I was trying to do assessments and the sweat was just dripping off me, was awful!!

Moan over. ;-)

Ask a Question