LogonUI.exe - Application error [Please Help!]

Reaction score
Ok so as of late my PC will not boot up, the welcome screen simply flashes (blinks) and will not stop. One day i decided to leave it blinking, and eventually i was presented with an error pop-up, here is what it says.

LogonUI.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x0356191a referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program

I have clicked OK previously however it only reboots and I am presented with the same blinking at the welcome screen, please give me some advice on what to do and provide to me the information of this error, thank you.

Reaction score
Actually, let me add on, once I clicked OK i was brought to a welcome screen, however, it was completley black, I tried to reboot and then when it reboooted i was presented with a new error.

LogonUI.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x0204191a referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program.

So I clicked OK and now were back to welcome screen flashing

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Are you able to boot into safe mode ? If so use your OS CD to replace the corrupt LogonUI

Ask a Question