Logoff forced immediately after logon

KenC

Windows XP Home.
Trend Micro pc-cillin.
Symtom: Each attempt to logon (having multiple users, with and without
passwords) shows the desktop image (nothing else like start bar) then
immediately logs out.

More info:
I had done a Windows update, and this started after the reboot. I
restored to before the update and the problem still persisted. I did a
system repair and that was OK. I installed XP SP3 and the problem
returned. I restored to before SP3 and still had the problem. Then
restored forward to after SP3.
I can reboot in SAFE mode without the problem. I ran MalwareBytes and
found ForceStartMenuLogoff as "Hijack.StartMenu", but I think that issue
is not related.
Starting SAFE mode without networking results in IExplore.exe running
hard -- actually starting over and over. I can rename IExplore.exe and
it quits, then rename it back and it does not restart.
I have been trying other virus and malware scanners, but have not had
any luck.

Any appreciation is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

The Real Truth \(Not my real name\) MS MVP

There is no such thing as Windows XP 95, if you mean A dual boot with XP and
95 then you could only replace that file from the 95 boot if your XP file
system is FAT and not NTFS. Or you can download my new userinit fix from
here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the
enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do not use this file. If you need any
other version then email me using the link at the bottom of my webpage. Your
issue is caused by a malware infestation. Once fixed you will need to use my
Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system. Choose yes
for all options when prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

The Real Truth \(Not my real name\) MS MVP

There is no such thing as Windows XP 95, if you mean A dual boot with XP and
95 then you could only replace that file from the 95 boot if your XP file
system is FAT and not NTFS. Or you can download my new userinit fix from
here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the
enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do not use this file. If you need any
other version then email me using the link at the bottom of my webpage. Your
issue is caused by a malware infestation. Once fixed you will need to use my
Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system. Choose yes
for all options when prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

Barry Schwarz

There is no such thing as Windows XP 95, if you mean A dual boot with XP and
95 then you could only replace that file from the 95 boot if your XP file
system is FAT and not NTFS. Or you can download my new userinit fix from
here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the
enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do not use this file. If you need any
other version then email me using the link at the bottom of my webpage. Your
issue is caused by a malware infestation. Once fixed you will need to use my
Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system. Choose yes
for all options when prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/

Barry Schwarz

There is no such thing as Windows XP 95, if you mean A dual boot with XP and
95 then you could only replace that file from the 95 boot if your XP file
system is FAT and not NTFS. Or you can download my new userinit fix from
here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the
enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do not use this file. If you need any
other version then email me using the link at the bottom of my webpage. Your
issue is caused by a malware infestation. Once fixed you will need to use my
Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system. Choose yes
for all options when prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/

Twayne

Barry said:
This not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/

I don't know anything much about that site, but ... it's not claiming to
be THE MVP site, it is clearly an MVPs SITE. So if all you want is a
list of some MVPs, to to mvps.org. Then there's um, haw! some think is
the only site that exists that's any good. And then of course, there
are myriad other versions of "mvp" sites out there. You'd have fun
finding that file at any but the given web site for the most part.

Now: How is YOUR stupid comment anymore meaningful than MY stupid
comment? Well, except that I had the courtesy to mark it off topic,
which it is, and stupidity being relative, you really look bad!

Clunkity clunk!

Leythos

it is clearly an MVPs SITE.

Not according to ALL of the MVP's on in this group.

What we do know is the the creator of the site is an unethical hack that
has pirated works from others and edited them to include his name for
credit, then passed them off as his own works.

No informed person with any sense of respect visits that site for help.

--
Leythos - (e-mail address removed) (remove 999 to email me)
Public Service Warning: Learn about PCButts before you trust:

David H. Lipman

I told you already, the site was reported to MS and MS said it was ok. The
person identified as the owner is an MVP and has permission to use those
logo's. Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Leythos

From: "David H. Lipman" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: Re: OT: Re: Logoff forced immediately after logon
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:21:38 -0700

Another impersonation by an unethical hack.

David did not post the reply above this.

Barry Schwarz

I told you already, the site was reported to MS and MS said it was ok. The
person identified as the owner is an MVP and has permission to use those
logo's. Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Another forged post.

Unknown

Nice try PCButts. But most are wise to you.