loging on to windows xp

M

mrhangster

Well I have home edition for about 4yrs. Just decided to password protect my logon. I created a password for the administator account. Now when I start Windows I get the following message--"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct then type your password. Rememember your password is case sensitive." Why am I seeing this thing about username and domain? What is domain?

Thankyou for any and all help.

J

Juli

if you gave the user a password then either you type the password each time you log in or you should 'prefeed' the password. Try 'control userpassword2' to access the feature.
Well I have home edition for about 4yrs. Just decided to password protect my logon. I created a password for the administator account. Now when I start Windows I get the following message--"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct then type your password. Rememember your password is case sensitive." Why am I seeing this thing about username and domain? What is domain?

P

Patrick Keenan

Well I have home edition for about 4yrs. Just decided to password protect
my logon. I created a password for the administator account. Now when I
start Windows I get the following message--"The system could not log you on.
Make sure your user name and domain are correct then type your password.
Rememember your password is case sensitive." Why am I seeing this thing
about username and domain? What is domain?

===============

It may simply be that you set your system set to autologon to an account,
but the autologon doesn't know the password you just created. Enter the
password at this prompt, then reset the autologon.

HTH
-pk

Ask a Question