Login questions

G

Dear al

I have some question here on the login for domain in Active Directory in Windows 2000 server. Is it possible that we set for each OU in 1 domain to log in individually? Example let say I have a domain call a.com, so under this domain I have several OU. First OU I call it as company A, second OU I call it company B and third OU company C. So can I set company A employee to login under the OU name company A only, and employee B to login under OU name company B only? Employee A cannot see the resources on employee B and vice versa

My reason to do that is this, the 3 company have very little employees, from what I know 1 DC can only be set up physically with 1 server. But I don’t want to purchase additional servers because the employee number is so small. So I’ve been thinking if Active Directory can give individual login based on OU only than it will meet my objectives. Hope that you understand. Thank you for your attention. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regard
Emm

M

Matjaz Ladava [MVP]

AD will authenticate user regardless in which OU it reside. The solution to
your problem with resources is setting permissions. the best thing to do is
to group users in particular OU in groups and then assign permissions only
to those users to specific files. You can do the same on OU security so that
users from different OU's can't see user properties in other OU's. It is the
same method. Setting permissions.

--

Regards

Matjaz Ladava, MCSA, MCSE, MCT, MVP
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Active Directory
(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question